Aug 28, 2007

About the Blogroll...


Like I know from fashion.

In building this stupid blog, the idea of "slack" was the theme. So I figured my blogroll should be full of slackers.

Trust me. It is.

However, the "Rack o' Slacks" sounded too good to pass up and so I'm kinda stuck with a stupid fashion statement on the left side of my blog. Mostly a statement about my ignorance.

Still, I try to make it fun and imaginative. I think it's fun for the visitor to roll over the name and see who it is. Why give anything away for free? is my motto. Make 'em work for it.

For instance, the Velocigod needs to be changed to a "Pimp Hat", a flamboyant and accurate acoutrement, and Elisson went from "chinos" to "fedora", a vital accessory. It seems I know a wee bit more about men's fashion than womens, thanks to the Manolo. Erica was easy to figure, what with a Yankees' ball cap from some team north of Georgia (thanks, Jimbo!), but the Red Sugar Muse packs heat, and so I just let her be herself. Besides, she's too cool for the room here, so I hope you geeks go visit at her place.

And, "Picture Perfect" is Robin Starfish, proprietress of the most unique blog on the planet. It is my daily dose of beautiful pictures and thoughts. She deserves her own blog-post here about her blog. Just awesome. And so many others that I've re-discovered since I changed computers and lost my bookmarks. This blog is kind of a way to assure that doesn't happen again.

The Fug Girls have been a favorite for years and they really defy any sort of category so tie-dyed seems a good fit. Was I the only one who learned how to tie-dye in high school art class?

When I have to dress up for my little town's 442nd Birthday this Friday, I'll be all aglow as a muttering fishwife-fortune teller with her idiot oracle at her side. Fisherman's net around me waist, apron, bodice and boots, assorted shackles, a leather beer mug, a wee dram o' grog, feathers, a bag of pigeon bones for fortune telling, and a dagger in m'bodice shall make for more ideas for my blogroll.

Hang around.



Update: Oh yeah, the backtalk has already begun in the comments. Keep it up, and someone's gonna become a cute little cotton boatneck-shell with the most adorable Hello Kitty sequins.

Informal poll: Should I change Erica's blogroll name, or leave it like it is? Cuz now, it makes me laugh. Like I said, I don't know from fashion-- and anywhere north of Georgia is like some crazy, mysterious country from a Discovery Channel special.

27 comments:

zonker said...

First of all, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for listing me as "Tee" instead of "Wife-beater".

Second, I may need to show up in Helen with a Mr T wig. I pity da fool who mock my haid...

::official Mr T scowl::

Jimbo - PRS said...

I can't wait for Erica to learn that she has been associated with a "Yankees" cap. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Joan of Argghh! said...

It's all part of the blog-spat we're having.

:o)

De said...

I LOVE that I'm a peep-toe sling back! Thanks!

Joan of Argghh! said...

I AM glad, De!

It would never do to have skippy come in here and make me account for making you unhappy!

Erica said...

I predict much violence and destruction in yours and Jimbo's futures.

Joan of Argghh! said...

That's the most writing you've done this week! LOL!

I leave you little love notes in my comments, but do you see them? No...

The little misunderstanding about the Mets... THAT you see.

I'm hurt to think that you think that little of my ability to be a complete moron.

:o)

Erica said...

()x() <----me, mooning you.

Hahahaha!

Erica said...

Dang, that made my ass look very narrow, which it definitely is NOT.

OxO

...much better.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I've never seen a mooning emiticon before. That's hilarious!

Leave it to a yankee *ahem* Jooish Babe to skool my old ass.

I'm ready for whatevah. Bring.It.
:o)

Erica said...

Eat armpit, sista! I will be mud wrasslin' YO REDNECK ASS DOWN.

I'd sooner you call me a Jooish honky than a dirty Yankee.

Oh, and kish mir tucches, arein, a noch: OxO

Maybe your other Yankee friend could translate that for you.

Joan of Argghh! said...

So, you mean there's no difference between northerers we call yankees and ballplayers ya'll call Yankees?

Either way, I couldn't mud wrassle a crippled chick. Poor thing! I do admire your spunk, though. It's so endearing.

:o)

Jimbo - PRS said...

A wiseass Jooette who literally has a pain in the ass -- It brings out her charm.

Erica said...

Charming...endearing...I'm still gonna give youse both a Brooklyn bruisin'. Don't the two of you be trying to sweettalk me.

Jimbo - PRS said...

I say da hat stays.

Jim - PRS said...

Ack! You've changed it. Bring back the Yankee cap. Don't be cowed by her Brooklyn Bullshit.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I gotta know you have my back, Jimbo. You're both a coupla yanks as far as I'm concerned, so really, who to trust?

Besides, I'm gonna keep rearranging the closet-blogroll like I do my own wardrobe.

After Helen, the Blogroll will look like an episode of What Not to Wear.

Erica said...

You put the Yankee cap back, like that skidmark with hair says, and dere's gonna be lotsa broken bone-age.

The Mets cap stays (and I do appreciate your being so kind as to show me some respect). You, Joanie, will be spared the Brooklyn Badda-Bing.

Jimbo's nose, OTOH, the one that is oblivious to the putrid stench the GAH-den State emanates, will be Rearranged City.

zonker said...

Joan...please, Erica talks a lot of shit. Quite frankly, though, you just gotta feed her drinks until she gets in touch with her inner marshmallow. Based on the voicemails I've received, that takes about 2 or 3 beers.

Jimbo always coddles her and a little tough love'd be good for her so go with the Yankees cap, m'kay?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, that's two for the Yankees cap, and one against...

I-can't-believe-it's-not-zonker said...

Make that three in favor of the Yankees cap.

Erica said...

Zonker, you mullet pussy boy, don't you be padding the polls, or I'll snap you like a wishbone. The Mets cap stays, I don't care who votes for what, and Jimbo pulls any of that corrupt Jersey padded poll Menendez Lautenberg Corzine McGreevey bullshit, he'll find his tongue pulled out of his mouf, stretched thrrough his legs, and inserted firmly in his stinkpot. The Yankees suck, and that's that. They did in '55, and they do in '07. So there.

Tanya said...

I was wondering why I didn't get a skirt name. But I think I can live with that answer. :o)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Ha! Like I'd even dare to guess. I do remember the nice graphic you had on your site before, with the plain cotton dress and the gun tucked into the garter (that Paul was nice enough to add).

:o)

Thanks for dropping in to say hi!

Everyone wave at Red Sugar now!

Joan of Argghh! said...

I've come up with a compromise ballcap, seeing as I just read that 9% of Floridians are from New York.

Kim said...

Holy crap. I just noticed I'm on your roll. I am honored! And I'm just getting to reading stuff after a bit of a hiatus. You really have all sortsa good goo here. Not that I'm reading at work or anything.

Erica said...

...I'm NOT impressed...prepare for a Major League hurtin' come Fall Classic season.