Aug 30, 2007

Dear John Letter

John Reilly seems a decent sort, and save for a mildly amusing letter from Brown U., the only other political response I've received from the Instalanche. (Instalanche: A dubious blessing, I assure you, but I'll take it!)

Georgetown is much better served by Mr. Reilly, who, while making a faux pas, seems nonetheless a man of letters and good manners. That he views my "voice" as that of a man amuses me to no end.

He's hoping I'm not an anarchist.

I'm not. Well, not today, anyway:

John,

Honey, for a Georgetown Grad and sometime editor, you really should read just a wee bit more before commenting about bloggers! It wouldn't have been too much of a task to figure out my sex. I welcome your comments, but question how much you understand the blogging forum, sugar.

No matter... and yes, it was a joke.
:)

And yet, I would hope one could see the juxtaposition between public service and self-serving politicians. I'm no anarchist, but I can no longer apologize for those styling themselves as "public servants" when in reality, they are noxious publicans and tax collectors. I could go 30 years without "politicians." I won't go three hours of uncertain governmental oversight without my sweet Colt .38 snub-nose.

Politicians as Public Servants; the meaning has been lost, i.e., we are now a "constituency" to be harvested, not a populace to be served. A pox on each of their money-grubbing black pirate hearts.

Warmest Spengler-like regards,

Joan Varga

5 comments:

Jimbo - PRS said...

That was so good it made me tingle.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Jimbo, look left and see what else I've been up to...

:o)

LauraB said...

Fracking hell but you serve it up cold - and de-lish!!!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Give 'em hell, Joan! Heh!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

"I won't go three hours of uncertain governmental oversight without my sweet Colt .38 snub-nose."

I Second (Ammendment) that!