Aug 6, 2007

F. Max Hardberger - My Kind of Pirate

My home town is in sore need of a reckonin'.

I think I've found the sort of man who could do it. He understands third-world corrupt practices, knows when to bribe an official, can get local law enforcement to cooperate, convince witch-doctors to cast spells when needed, and can steal cargo ships at midnight and steer them past government officials.

And his name. Good Lord, his name! Wonder what the "F" stands for?

I want him to become the mayor and chief of police in my town, and possibly father my next child. (That could just be the hormones talking, but after watching Tombstone yesterday, and reading this man's experiences today... well let's just say, " I want one.")


Thanks to Book of Joe for the link. Otherwise, this story just languishes in the archives of the L.A. Times.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks for the laugh Joan. I am Max's business partner. I'll be sure to forward your comments to Max. He'll get a kick out of it.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I'm delighted to know Mr. H has a sense of humor. He does understand hyperbole as a literary device, doesn't he? He'll think it's funny, right?

*insert nervous laughter here*

Because around here, I have to explain all my jokes to the pirates.