Sep 4, 2007

Harshin' My Mellow Marsh




1st pic: the normal view from my living room. (click on it, it's purty!)

2nd pic: the view when tropical storms sit off the coast and spin. Think: Ophelia, 2 years ago.

3rd pic: today, at the base of the condo building. The Atlantic Ocean is literally lapping up against my building, yet again!

This explains it.



Computer models show it heading right for us here. Imagine my joy! I've got almost two inches of water at the bulkhead of my building as it is.

Stay tuned for more weather panic!

Update: here's a satellite loop. Even the nice dry air to the north isn't daunting the storm's need to start cirulating. It's supposed to form a bit further southeast and then do a slow rumba up the coast of Florida.

Update to the update: Nevermind!

12 comments:

...e... said...

gleep! what the hell is that? that ain't felix; he went to central america!

Joan of Argghh! said...

It's prolly TS7 by now. Let's go look-see...

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh! It's you, e! How nice of you to drop in! I love your "untitled" blog, btw. "New England Summer" is beautiful, too.

I was just looking at pics of my now-closed studio. Sigh.

Nonny said...

Those pictures are amazing, are you not afraid?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Not yet!
:o)

I've been through a flash flood in Mexico City before. If the water's rising, you just worry like hell until it comes in the house. Then you just laugh until it leaves. Then you work yourself silly getting the mud out while the water's receding. Ugh!

No, the thing about Florida is that it is so flat and spongy that water dissipates pretty quickly. It's just sea water, too. Not filthy city-sewer-local-cemetery-trashy-streets kinda water.

It'll have to rise another four feet to make me worry. And then, it would only drench the garage below. It might kill my hot tub that's hiding down there, unbeknownst to the condo association. Heh.

Nonny said...

Urgh stinky seaweed smell, hopefully it won’t happen I wouldn’t fancy the clean up.

Alan said...

Not to worry. That ocean storm has NO tropical characteristics, and its effects on Florida will be minimal.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hi Alan, and welcome!

Yes, as of today it's long gone. But just two days ago, some weather wags were plotting an evil little course for Florida. I AM glad the conditions changed.

lizardbrain said...

Mmmm... Marsh mellow. It is purty.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Dang, the sun must've come out and warmed your cold blood today!

You're positively energized!

lizardbrain said...

I'm still bleeding solar energy from Saturday's 92-degree four-mile run. Probably the last warm day we'll have until next July; the temp never got over 60 today.

You'll know I'm really energized when I get off my lazy butt and post something on my own blog. In the meantime, I can just wander into warm places like this and kibitz. :)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, pull up a chair... there's rum in the kitchen, and the Jolly Roger may even let you smoke one of his ceeegars.
:)