Sep 15, 2007

Humble Thanks

I suppose this shall be the last I'll say about the good Captain. I fear my bloggy attentions to his book are an embarassment to a man of such stature. Still, true to his gracious word, he really did send me a copy of his book, (signed to me, not my alter ego that bores you with this blog.) A bolder and more carefully crafted signature than before, where every letter is legible and intense. I'm so very thankful!

If you've never read about all the truly good things Mr. H. is doing for Haiti, go here and read a snippet. Of course, if you know anything about Haiti at all, you'll understand what a feat of human will and patience it requires to make anything good happen there. Where governments have failed, he seems to have succeeded. It's the work of someone who values what others have given up on, and if that's not God's own work in this life, I don't know what else could be.

And yet, he is a bona-fide, credentialed stunt man, so I figure he has a sense of the "dramatic overstatement." (That would be a great sub-title for this blog, btw: Dramatic Overstatements) That also makes him a candidate for the Blown-eyed Blogtoberfest in Helen, GA next month.

Lord knows there'll be mayhem.

2 comments:

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

After readin' those sample pages the Captain wrote, you got me hooked, Joan!
I never knew that the Merchant Marines could be that exciting.
I'm glad to be proven wrong on that misperception.

The Captain has good character to spare, and it shows.

Thanks for introducing me to his books! :^)

Joan of Argghh! said...

You won't be disappointed, Ben. You may have to read it to Skully, however.