Sep 17, 2007

Six out of 10 Britons would rather die than exercise

Headline says it all.

"For many people, exercise has become an ugly word, something to avoid at all costs - but you'd be amazed how easy it is to up the tempo of your heartbeat.

"Just 30 minutes a day will do you and your heart the world of good. The BHF is trying to show people that it can be fun too."


A silly article really. Of course, if you have to choose between going to a gym (and you look the like the devil's lumpy stepchild in your exercise outfit), or risking your life on the streets-- unable to carry mace, pepper spray, or any other sort of self-protection, your only other choice is to stay home figure out how to exercise without knocking against the walls or ceiling of your flat...

Well, they did recommend dance classes as a way to get the heart rate up.

Yeah, I'd rather die, too.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I actually am the devil's stepchild, and I don't need to show you any steenkin' exercise suit to prove it.

As for risking my life on the streets, one of the advantages of being the devil's stepchild is that I'm not the one who has to worry about risk taking, but rather they have to worry about me.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy, ohhhhhhhhhh.

Erica said...

Goodness, wherever do I come up with these witty comments?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Don't ask me. How much did you drink to welcome in the New Year?

Erica said...

To be honest, not much at all...a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. We always make a kiddush with our meals, and then try to finish off the bottle.