Sep 18, 2007

So, You Wanna Talk Like a Pirate?


Or do you wanna be a pirate?

Tomorrow is the dubious and celebrated,
"International Talk Like a Pirate Day".

Talk is cheap, sez I.

Got pirate creds? List 'em.

We'll hoist them up the mast and see who salutes your rank deeds as most pirate-like. Or we'll hoist your rank longjohns on the foc'sl and keep them downwind of us.

Either way, if you read my blog, you'll know what kind of competition you have.

Meanwhile, I have no idea who this wench is. She wouldn't give a name and was all but ready to have m'liver for breakfast when I snapped this shot. Don't mess with her!


THIS JUST IN from the poopdeck: Elisson is doing Pirate Stand-up. One day only folks!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Arrrr, ya scarvy wench. In the years past I've had to arrange a comp'ny wide contest surrounding the dreggie doins of pirates.
It was plankworthy.
I'm forgettin' me name, though rusted-iron openings ring a bell.
Must look up vocabulary.

Elisson said...

Arrrhh...that wench be hawt. Enough to give me morning plank, that be.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Kim, LOL!

Elisson, I believe your pirate deeds are well-documented? Post a link to your worst, ya scury dog!

Mizz E said...

YaRRR! all i got t' say be nobody betterrr mesh wit' Texas women, 'specially ones frrrrrrrrrom yon Galveston wharrr we werrre rrrais'd on tall ships, tales o' Jean Lafitte and his burrri'd trrreasurrre. Oh, and jugs of Falstaff grog and raw oysters.

'mouse said...

As a shark I don't need pirate cred -- just a steady supply of pirates and their victims. Luckily there's no danger of y'all up there learning to play nice or us bottomfeeders would starve.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Argghh! Who let a scurvy ambulance-chaser into the main saloon?

:o)