Sep 26, 2007

Enemies of Slack

The bad news is that the 2008 Marketing report that was due next Monday got rescheduled for today by 5:00. The good news is that it's done.

Time-compression plays to my strong suit, and while I may bitch and moan and stress in the clutch of it, I work really well that way. And now, I have more time in the next few days to start planning for the next panic.

Which is also scheduled to arrive next Monday.

Not to worry, though. I needed to find two really large parachutes before Monday--the fun never ends!-- before 10 tons of marble arrives. Yesterday, in between number-crunching, I googled 'em up, and in 5 minutes had ordered them. They arrive tomorrow. Sweet!

Have to work Saturday, though, to make up for time I'll miss going to Helen on the 12th. But, The Slack is sweeter after the crush of responsibility is over.

Now, to think about a whole new line of greeting cards!

10 comments:

julie said...

Parachutes and marble? (At first I saw "marbles," which would be strangely hilarious) Your weekend sounds like a montage scene from a wacky caper movie, Joan. I hope all goes well!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, the marble is all of one glorious piece. It'll make the news, I fear.

GUYK said...

Looking forward to meeting you in Helen

Jean said...

I'm hoping to make it to Helen... should be wild fun!

Erica said...

Helen...yes, I'll be there. Can we mud wrassle? :-)

Joan of Argghh! said...

I'd hate to see you hurt, Erica.
:o)

Suzette said...

Are you really going to try drinking that punch?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hmmmm...I'm not sure if I'll drink it. I'm sure the Jolly Roger will. He's extremely obnoxious when he drinks, though. That'll be fun!

:o)

Jimbo - PRS said...

You may need a day off after Helen.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hah! I'll be sober as a judge.

:o)