Sep 13, 2007

Well, Nobody Said, "No," Exactly...

I had a silly poll up last week and you folks, bless your pea-pickin' little hearts, gave a resounding thumbs-up in favor of my continuance here. With the choices given, not one single person picked the nasty, "Gah, get it off the Internet!" choice. A few questioned my sanity, and most everyone, including the incomparable Mr. Hardberger, approved. The deuce, you say! Yes, I say.

But really. I almost hate this thing I've created. It owns me. I was all happy until the Puppy Blendin' Capricious Extender of Blog-Blessings looked down from his ancient ensconcement and breathed life into this blog. And it became a living thing.

Now, I'm chary to submit much information about my home life here on the Internet. And my day job is with such a high-profile name brand recognition in this town and around the world that I daren't breathe a word about work. My ghost gig is slow right now because the turistas ya se fueron, so really, what the heck are all you folks doing here? I mean you're welcome and all that.

Aw... heck, pull up a barstool and let me tell you that I showed my evil-town essays to my friend who has been harshly victimized by the locals, and she loved them. Laughed herself silly and then told me some high-powered New York lawyers with serious connections are taking on the pirates, and it should be a fine appetizer for the newspapers and...

When do you people work?

Speaking of which... gotta run. TTFN.

8 comments:

Robin Starfish said...

Work? Did someone say work? I prefer multitasking which opens up all kinds of doors. ;-)

GUYK said...

It is not that I am afraid of work..I can relax and watch it for hours at a time.

It should be fun to watch a team of NY Lawyers take on local politicians..but most of the time noting ever happens because of the professional courtesy among thieves

'mouse said...

The woman we come to to learn the secrets of slack is worried about our workloads? Time for an umbrella drink and the next lesson, methinks.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Shush 'mouse. I been busy slacking for my job.

GuyK, you might be right, but this girl is so sweet and without guile, I think any real man would find his spine and do whatever he could just to make her and her lovely family feel safe.

Robin, I'm so sick of multitasking! Arggh!

Kim said...

I'm done with multitasking and call it what it is--extreme adult onset ADD with stop-me-from-surfing-and-I've-got-your-mf*ing-bored-meetings-during-which-I-make-a-buck-ninety-eleven-a-month.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. I own the web address: ArtADD

When someone would visit my art studio, they thought it was several artists with different disciplines. Nope. Just me looking for the next shiny object!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Work? Whaddya think the (Ret.) means anyway?
Of course, I still have to do chores, but I wait 'till the last minute to do those, and only when absolutely necessary.

Skully said...

Best way to deal with pirates is to hire some good privateers to make the "problem" go away.

In other words...a reckonin'.
You can get a supposin' with those cut rate privateers, but that's jes' a temporary fix.