Sep 2, 2007

When You're Buff Like This...


...folks will let ya walk around nekkid!

The almost real deal, in Buena Park, CA.

Wikipedia says this:

One famous full-sized replica is located at the Movieland Wax Museum in Buena Park, California. This magnificent reproduction of David standing in the Movieland courtyard was carved from ONE piece of flawless Carrara marble taken from Michelangelo's own quarry near Pietrasanta, Italy. It stands 18 feet high, weighs 10 tons and took two years to complete. This reproduction was created by David Sollazzini and Sons, Florence, in 1965


It's not much closer in Buena Park than going to Italy, the way I figure it.

I've seen the works of Diego Rivera in the Palacio Nacional, and as a matter of course driven past Freida K's house in Mexico City many times. I've sat down and wept at the unbelieveable chance to find myself alone with my thoughts in the National Museum in London. I think I'd collapse in sheer joy to be in Italy. Heck, I haven't even been to our own National Museum here in the U.S.

Sigh.

*shuffling off to put more money in my savings account*

5 comments:

'mouse said...

This makes me happy because it reminds me of the great scene in "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" when youthful hijinx lead the young messiah into a plot to circumcize the statue of David.

Being a very literal guy, I rarely get to use the acronym ROFLMAO.

It was that good.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Just the thought of a boyhood pal named, Biff, whether or not you're the Messiah, is pretty good fare.

'mouse said...

Okay, so further research reveals it was a statue of Apollo in Biff, but close enuf.

If you have that Amason "search inside" ability, a search on "I suppose I should ahve considered the exactt nature of what we were doing" will take you to the beginning of the scene... .

'mouse said...

Gah, what happened to my ability to type? The slack's gettin' me...

Joan of Argghh! said...

I was gonna say, the David wasn't in existence when Jesus was a boy. I thought you were pointing me to some sort of time-travel episode not mentioned in learned biblical studies!

Ain't the Slack, it's the tequila.