Oct 6, 2007

The 4-hour Work Week

Not as good as a pirate book, but intriguing as a Slack book:

"Practice the art of non-finishing: If you are reading an article that sucks, put it down and don't pick it back up. If you go to a movie and it's worse than The Matrix Revolutions, get the hell out of there before more neurons die. . . . More is not better, and stopping something is often 10 times better than finishing it."

Now that's some well-thought-out Slack. I know I could've done a bunch more this weekend, but the constant push just isn't productive. I'll get more mileage out of the slacking we'll do in Helen, come back, um, refreshed and ready to rock and roll at my job on Monday. Or Tuesday.

After all these years, maybe those bumper stickers around here are right:

I say we fish 6 days and work 1.

h/t Instapundit.


The picture is just a bonus. A beautiful Red Sky morning here at the Pirate Palapa.

9 comments:

Robin Starfish said...

Yes. Balance. That's about it.

zonker said...

Ummm...or Wednesday. Beware Post-Blogmeet Depression, Joan. It's the downside of the Blowneye lifestyle.

BTW - I can't believe that you didn't actually link to Glenn. He gave you an Instalanche and you denied him a Slack-n-slide. That's harsh.

Gecko said...

What happened to your post on how totally fabulous
Lileks is as a writer? Couldn't agree more - total fan as well - can't get enough of him.
. Went and hit that plus button - easy to do for
Superjoan and her most excellent blogging ability. Do hope you got yourself some sunshine.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh yeah, Zonk. I did that on purpose. That's just the way I roll.

*sheesh!*

I had it linked earlier in the beginning of the post, but edited the post later, (when I actually dumped the Lileks post.) Just an oversight in the rewrite. Fixed now, thank you.

And I've linked Glenn AND to you more than once, but you're too Slack to even write, but not too slack to be Blog Etiquette Policeman.

There. THAT's harsh.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Gecko!

Nice to see you here.
:o)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Zonker, do I need to leave a smiley face on that last post, or do you kow I'm bustin' yo' chops?

zonker said...

Well, Joan...doncha know that I spent so many nights (or at LEAST an hour) thinking how you did me wrong but I grew strong. I learned how to carry on. And now I just carry on in people's comments. Like yours, for instance. I wasn't really trying to be the bloggy 5-0. I just wanted to bust on someone's chops and you were the lucky winner. Don't worry, though...I'll help defend ya against Eric's eeeeeeevil Jooish conspiracies in Helen.

Erica said...

Eric's a Joo, or was that a typo? Because I always had such high hopes for him.

zonker said...

Ooops...Erica.

::sigh::

Sorry, I need some Chatham Artillery Punch to jumpstart my brain.