Oct 24, 2007

The Big Bang of Political Theory

I had the occasion to post this comment on Bill Quick's site this morning and I liked it so well, I thought I'd put it up on the wall here and throw mental darts at my theory. Or allow you to:

Neither [party] has a “center” anymore. There is no gravitational mass in either to truly draw in the voting public. Thus they devolve into a galaxy of little ass-teroids desperately seeking something to revolve around them and lend them the credibility of being able to sustain political life.



6 comments:

pamibe said...

That is disturbingly true...

Joan of Argghh! said...

It is for me, at least.
:)

GUYK said...

Yeah, it is very true Joan. I have said several times in the past year on my place that if there was ever a time for a tird party now is it. Bill tried a couple of years ago to get something going but there is not enough interest ...or money from those of us who are interested..to get anything going. What we need is a know name or two or three and some of the BIG money such as both the dim-a-crits and RINOs have behind them..I would like to see Tancredo break off and run on a third ticket..he might surprise a lot of folks..

Joan of Argghh! said...

Ooh! Can't go there with you, Guy!

No, we need a gravitational force.

Everybody blames Clinton, I blame Ross Perot.

LauraB said...

Allow me to twist this into yet another shape - voting only serves to instigate more of the same problems we have now.

I may not have Billy's bravery or education. But I believe he has a greater grasp of it all than I shall ever attain. Just read a bit and try to look past his utter contempt for the ignorant. It's been a long fight.

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php
A favorite or two:
http://www.two--four.net/comments.php?id=2658_0_1_0_C

http://www.two--four.net/comments.php?id=2501_0_1_0_C

Kim said...

Ass-teroids. Beautiful.
And true. sigh