Oct 4, 2007

Hard Day's Night

I got up at 2:00 a.m. this morning.

Well, I was awake and thinking about the long day ahead of me. So, after arranging my thoughts, I got out of bed at 3:00 a.m. to start work on the annual report for my boss. Worked for three hours, slept for two more. Got up at 8:00, freshened up and was at work by 8:15.

Two-mile commutes are mahvelhous!

I just got home at 7:30 tonight, with a four-pack of wine coolers courtesy of the boss. But it's all done except for sitting in on the phone call from corporate tomorrow morning. Then, yippee! Boss man's giving me the rest of the day off!

IF IT WILL EVER STOP RAINING, THANK YOU, I'm gonna spend tomorrow on the beach with my awesome Pepper Dog or maybe go fishing at my friend's dock.

Working is its own reward. SLACKING, is a gift.

4 comments:

zonker said...

I prefer working at night. I only live 3 miles from my office and it's soooooo nice to be able to sit there and write code without any outside distractions. Just me, my headphones, a load of tunes and the software application du jour. I could get into The Zone to the point that I'd run back and forth between my cubicle and the restroom just so that I could minimize the time away from the keyboard. I used to work all night (say, 9 PM until 7 AM), get a good breakfast at a nearby diner, sleep for a few hours and then go back in for a few more hours in the afternoon. I did that for days - no, weeks! - on end and got tons of stuff done. Then my boss bitched about me not being in my cubicle during "core business hours". Idiot. Now I park my ass in the seat during the required hours and find it difficult to get half as much done.

Please do me a favor, Joan...when it finally stops raining and you get to the beach, just spend a minute or two wiggling your bare feet into the sand. Do it for me. I've been to a beach once in the last seven years. This life's killing me.

Kim said...

Have a super duper time! I'll think of you relaxing as we, too, relax and hoot and holler in Dallas.

Jean said...

Wishing you a wonderful day... well deserved!

Suzette said...

#1 - Hormonally insomnia is productivity's best friend.

#2 - Is that a Queesnland Blue Heeler?