Oct 18, 2007

Horse Race

It's like this.

I'm up against a military wife's blog whose husband is in Iraq. I don't know what to make of her blog's name, but just damn if I don't find myself wanting to support her in her quest to be Best New Blog.

And then there's deputydog, who is nominated in two categories and is even kicking some stupid MittRomney bloggy butt with 129 nominations. The dog goes around finding interesting photos and posts them on his blog while sneering at punctuation rules. It's apparently a Big Deal to not capitalize. So like, don't point it out, okay?

But for my money, Motel Zero is so original and lovely, that you feel right at home. Well, you would if your home was a zen-like palace of peace and beauty. And for a photo blog, well, the pics are his. Don't miss the slideshow on the sidebar there.

And then there's this Slack joint. Seems kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. (By the way, the schematic of the scheme seems a bit blurry this week...)

I know, it's the hard choices that make life miserable, but I gotta go with the Butterfly whose husband is putting it all on the line for our blogging privileges, so go over there and give her a hug and let her know her hubby's appreciated... give her some link-love and a nomination.

8 comments:

Nonny said...

Will do but I can't nominate you from your site what gives dude? I know you have the icon but it won't work for me. Am I retarded and nobody told me?

Joan of Argghh! said...

Just click on the link in my post that says "Slack Joint" and it'll bring up the comment with my nomination. There's a little "+" sign you can mash.

:o)

I love that last question however!

Zombyboy said...

Consider yourself plussed.

Which, sadly, left some other nonplussed.

Bahahahhaahhah!

Phew.

Butterfly Wife said...

Thanks for the linky love and the call for pluses. Much appreciated. My husband appreciates the support too. I will be sure to tell him about your link.

I hope to see you in the finals. ;-)

Peggy U said...

Ok. Done gone and voted for a butterfly per your request.

Robin Starfish said...

Why choose - one plus each for the butterfly and Jo'A. Man, it's neck and neck out there!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Man, what a great sport!
Your Nobility is showin' Joan! :^)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Zomby boy, that was classic!

Thanks Robin and Ben.