Oct 6, 2007

Nominations, Closet Items Needed, etc.


The the Beauty Contest is on for the 2007 Weblog Awards. See the sidebar.

They're only accepting noms right now, and if you click on the little "plus" sign during the nomination process it's supposedly meaningful.

Now, I'd never been accused of being a sorority sistah or debutante in my salad days; too busy working, too little money. And in this little town, I've hit the high-water mark by being quoted on TV news the other day and making the front page.

So I don't really need anymore self-approbation or attention from my hometown (just a wee bit too scary), but I do need more attention from really good people. Like ya'll. So, when you're finally bored enough to need something to do, go put in a good nomination click for the The Slack.

Voting will start later. Remember:

"A vote for The Slack means you just don't care!"


***

CLOSET ITEMS NEEDED: I'm looking for a few more things for my sidebar wardrobe and I'm too lazy to find them.

I'm thinking I need a "Stuffed Shirt" and a "Wet Shirt" (not a wet t-shirt, guys!), a good pair of Flip Flops, Clogs, and a Shrug, for starters.

Any guy who knows what a shrug is will automatically qualify as "coming out of the closet," and will be linked to "Feather Boa."
(Update: NTTAWWT)

15 comments:

Jimbo - PRS said...

Done!

Good luck.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Aw, Jimbo, you're da best!

Now we need a category for wise-ass joo-ettes and Jersey Lawyers, no?

Jean said...

I clicked the +... good luck, Joan!

Joan of Argghh! said...

See? Like I said, good people!

Thanks Jean. Isn't all too silly?

:o)

Erica said...

I am the best Wiseass Jooette there ever was, is, and will be. And lucky thing, I voted for you.

[Can I do so more than once? Because I ain't afraid to, if it's not against the law!]

Us Joos, we like to wish peeps, in Hebrew, "Hatzlacha u'Vracha"...you should have success and blessings.

lizardbrain said...

Hey, now you're tied for second with the blog about Noo Joisey culture.

There's something wrong with that sentence...

Suzette said...

LOUNGE WEAR.

SILK PURSES/SOW'S EARS.

PUMPS AND MULES.

LITTLE BLACK DRESSES.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh great, Suzette!

Now it's a matter of who most likely fits those descriptions.

More work. Sigh.

Oh, your limerick was da bomb, btw. Heartless, joyless co-workers is what makes work, work.

Bou said...

The Wiseass Jooette sent me over and I clicked!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Bou! Erica's a gem, and funny as hell, too.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

The +'s are in the mail, Joan!

And no, I'm not gonna look up what a shrug is 'cause I'm just not into shrugery, whatever that is.

Skullshrugery, maybe. Depends on how much grog I been drinkin'.

Peggy U said...

You have no undergarments category ... or I suppose you could call them unmentionables or thesies and thosies, as my friend Molly does. I suppose those might also go under accessories, though, although I think undergarments are standard, not optional. I am a prude.

Oh ... and now I'm off to click something for you.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Peggy!

But there's Nonny over there, in her Teddy Bear Undies!

Joan of Argghh! said...

I see that Deputy-Dog has got his entire dawg-family voting from every computer twice a day. And it's not even really voting yet, just nominations. Silly, silly.

I really like his blog, however. I may just be the better person and go over and give him a push...

to the ground!
:o)

Seriously, go check it out. It's a cool hangout.

Holder said...

how about safety equipment?
nooo, not that kind,
I teach science, what about lab coats and eye wear? I have an awesome tyedye lab coat....