Oct 2, 2007

Now I'm Really Depressed - Updated with Levity!


Everything that I like about myself is pointing toward some pretty unpleasant scientific studies.


"This means that creative individuals remain in contact with the extra information constantly streaming in from the environment," says co-author and U of T psychology professor Jordan Peterson. "The normal person classifies an object, and then forgets about it, even though that object is much more complex and interesting than he or she thinks. The creative person, by contrast, is always open to new possibilities."


Plus, it's raining again.

Go away, all of you. I'm unfit for human company.

Update! Nonny is an evil, fun little piker from Ireland who really knows how to take a negative and make it a positive. I'm adopting her attitude (left in the comments) from here on out:

I wouldn't have said I was very creative now but now I am going to adopt the persona of a creative person so that when I’m an old spinster I can justify making cardigans out of little girls hair and bursting stray footballs that young children may accidentally kick into my garden he he he
I feel much better. Thanks, Nonny!


9 comments:

Jean said...

"Van Gogh Blues", by Eric Maisel.
A new edition is coming out around christmas. I have mine on order at Barnes&Noble. I read the first edition when it came out about ten years ago. Good read.

more rain here, too...mold and mildew abounds.

Joan of Argghh! said...

My poor convertible is suffering again. I actually opened up my umbrella inside of it on the side where it's leaking worst. Hopefully, it'll channel the rain to the floor mats.

Now, go away.
:o)

Erica said...

Oh, come now dahlink, youse look just mahvelous.

Here's a silly video from Zeejus, which I need to somehow find a way to post, that will definitely cheer you up.

Dry those peepers, gurl...everything always works out.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Aw, quit being sweet, Erica. I'm horrible and still all ecked up from the Red Tide and work and I ended up being quoted in the local newspaper on the front page and... corporate never gave me any official statement so I made shit up.

But it worked. So, yeah, there is that. It's always nice when the paper just about gets it right.

Now, go away.

Erica said...

I'm back...obviously I don't know how to listen, and like f**king with people, as if you haven't been able to figure that out about me.

You were quoted in your local paper...and they got it right? Dat's amazing! My paper once used the word "Brooklyn" in a headline and spelled it "BROKLYN."

It still comes back to haunt us. As do our other 5,000 editorial and production errors on a weekly basis. I have a great story to tell you, but I think I'll save it for Helen.

You go away first. And then I'll go away.

Peggy U said...

I can't go away because I'm not all there in the first place ... so there! Besides, doesn't misery love company? That's what I've heard. So a bunch of psychologists have decided that artists are crazy? Who are they to point fingers? I'm not sure I'd even call them scientists any how ...

Nonny said...

I wouldn't have said I was very creative now but now I am going to adopt the persona of a creative person so that when I’m an old spinster I can justify making cardigans out of little girls hair and bursting stray footballs that young children may accidentally kick into my garden he he he

Nonny said...

Ha Ha. The possibilities are endless my dear!!!

Skully said...

You just need some BBQ'd ribs and grog.
The secret is in the sauce.