Oct 14, 2007

Race With the Devil

Everyone took off from Helen early this morning with blown-eyed alacrity, wanting to get home in time to defend their honor, if at all possible, or do damage control.

Having just survived my maiden blogmeet experience, I can report that it was mostly painless, except for the guitar hand.

Besides the dubious humor of seeing the Jolly Roger in bed with multiple women and a sheep, I think I can safely say he came out of the experience as mystified as ever about bloggers.

In the course of 43 hours I have experienced the Glory that is half-rubber, I've been "Serviced" by Eric while I was under duress and virtually blind at 1:00 a.m.; seen unspeakable acts committed by flying monkeys and inflatable sheep, been exposed to Poetry d'Elisson expounding on tainted warheads, and have met the peerless Catfish and lived to bring you, dear reader, this report.

Erica never followed through on her threats to thrash me, but I think, seeing my age and feebleness, she went easy on me. Zonker is to blame for too many heinous moments and much laughter. Jimbo and the Bodyguard are the best peeps you could ever hope to meet. Denny was irascible and funny and the best guitar player and possessing a fine voice, Holder and Co. brought Science!, Key and Vman were always busy somewhere else, Leslie sang wonderfully, John Cox probably doesn't want anyone to know he was there, but he has tons of evidence that speaks otherwise, Sam committed only minor crimes against humanity while Barbie is the proud owner of a ton of photographic evidence, Recondo and Georgia along with GuyK and his Sweet thing rounded out the usual suspects. There were a couple of others who, in my weak-assed state I can see in my mind and hear their singularly funny laugh, but cannot conjure up names. Just Damn! I almost forgot Dax!


Links may or may not be forthcoming, as the Slack has imposed itself on me most aggressively upon entering the city limits, so screw the linkage tonight. I'm whupped. Pepper Dog has forgiven us and is happily ensconced as Pack Leader, content to watch over us as we recover.


Oh yeah. The Chatham Artillery Punch certainly packs one.

27 comments:

Mad William Flint said...

Well it certainly reads like it was fun. Or did I get that wrong?

Tough to tell.

Joan of Argghh! said...

If you're not hurtin' you didn't do it right!

Anonymous said...

... amen to that.... hell, I'm sore all over....

Eric

Erica said...

I feel like I was dropped off the side of a f**king cliff. It's a good pain though...good pain, good times.

I loved the hell out of meeting you, for real. And with that...GOOD night.

LauraB said...

Thank GOODNESS you made it back. And without the need of a bondsman. I was just certain as the noob that you'd be left holding the - well, whatever salacious item was in mid-assault at the time.

Cannot wait for the slack to back off a bit so we can learn the truth.

That 1 Guy said...

That crew is one of the best! Glad you got to hang with them!

Holder said...

You were certainly the numero uno, tho. With presents and ghost stories and music women can sing to, oh my! It was great to meet, hope to see you soon.

Nonny said...

Did you have a swell time dude? Where you not afraid?

Jimbo - PRS said...

Youse guys are da bomb.

I am, of course, fried. It's an old guy thing.

Sam said...

You Rock...plain and simple.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Yes, Nonny, I was very afraid. With good reasons. But I'm home and okay and I didn't do anything illegal or immoral... except for maybe reading Robert Service too fast.

Still, I had a pretty damn good time!

Nonny said...

Ahh I am glad you enjoyed yourself, now cheer me up by telling me how it rained the whole time?

zonker said...

It did rain, Nonny. I'm still suffering from the deluge of Chatham Artillery Punch.

I'm so glad that you both attended, Joan. It was a most wonderful pleasure to meet you and the Jolly Roger. I think I owe you folks a beer, though...so I guess we're gonna have to get people together again soon!

Slack well!

Velociman said...

Hey! I take umbrage at the fact I might have been in vigoro with my date instead of socializing. We did take 30 to take some rather extraordinary pix of me in the dirndl, with a whip, but otherwise I was a locked and loaded dude. Really like Jolly Roger, by the way. Can I borrow him for some he-man fishing in south Florida? I promise to lay off the strippers that trip.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Zonk, but we owe you a Brown-Recluse spider if you're going to keep track. Let's call it even?

Your horns were the "muse" of my weekend, btw.

:o)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Vman,

One headless cock is in the mail.

Strippers or no, if anyone's going fishing, I get to go, too!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hey, who ended up with the ball o' bugs?

Nonny said...

Ah yes it may be evil but know that other off enjoying themselves had to suffer (the rain) somewhat makes me feel a whole lot better. I’m so mean.

Erica said...

Ball o' bugs? Yeeeef! Not I! That thing gave me the freaking willies, yo.

Damn Joanie, I wish it never ended. I wouldn't mind still being there, hanging with youse down by the river, shooting flying monkies, nailing Da Bodyguard on the head with the half-rubber.

Sigh.

I'm so depressed.

Zombyboy said...

Hey, was Craig from MTPolitics there?

I met him and his family when they took a trip to Denver. Wonderful folks.

Sounds like a heck of a good time--I'm jealous.

Zombyboy said...

Oops. Wait. It was a combination of bad reading skills and the Dax Montana part that got me all confused.

Wrong state...

Mock me gently.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Come by and leave cryptic comments anytime, zombyboy! We'll try not to confuse you with ZonkerBoy.

Of course, Zonk's no longer a boy. He's got horns now.

Haven't heard from the Denver blogmeet yet. Must've been the lack of oxygen...

Zombyboy said...

Heheh. Sorry about that...

We're starting to plan next year's big blogger bash (we usually have two or three smaller ones during the year and one really big, hangover inducing party in the summer) during the Democratic National Convention. I'm betting that we'll end up with a ridiculously interesting mix of people.

And every single one of them will be buying me a shot. Which is nice for me.

Michelle said...

So nice to meet you, talk about travel and music. I look forward to coming for a ghost tour!

zonker said...

No ball o' bugs here. I just checked both of mine.

Erica said...

Craig from MT Politics was not there, but I am just dying to meet him anyways.

He's the one who facilitated my hijacking Parkway Rest Stop a few months ago, so I could share my Great Farookin' Photoshopped Alligator Hair and other Weird Shit with the woild.

[Bugs Bunny] Ain't I a stinker? [/Bugs Bunny]

Zombyboy said...

Stinker, indeed.

Laughed my butt off when I saw that.