Nov 19, 2007

Saturday Special

Just because she seemed like someone I'd like to meet, I arranged to meet with Jean and Ponder some thing with her this past Saturday. I had planned on a peaceful cruise down A1A, with Gloria Estefan's
90 Millas crankin' on the absolutely awesome 10-speaker surround sound in my new Jetta; sunroof raked back to let in the inspiring Autumn liturgy of sun and sky while I worshiped to a Cuban beat. If the Buena Vista Social Club musicians aren't gonna be the house band in Heaven, I'm gonna have to stay here.

However, I arrived at Snack Jack's 20 minutes late! I hate being late and lost, so by the time I found Jean, all of my German genetics had taken over and I was revving and gunning and in full Alpha mode. My Slack? Gone. The Latin beat? Vanished.

Must. Find. Jean.

I'm hopelessly wound up, as Jean noted. She, however, is brim-full with good humor, (awesome smile!) polite listening skills and an undercurrent of warmth that flows from her soul. She wears the coolest specs, which I immediately coveted but never told her...and does the most neat-o work I've never heard of! Blonde and brilliant. Damn!

Immediately I felt like I was with a friend of many years, simply picking up where we'd left off. Catching up. I wanted to slow it down, but lacked a rev-limiter on my brain.She survived it and me, so hopefully we'll get together again soon.

Time for a Florida Cracker BloggerBash or some such. Soon.

17 comments:

Erica said...

Jean....the total bomb!

Please, next time youse hang, kidnap her and ship her up north so some of us Yankees [the grossest word ever] could hang with her...please.

You don't think she'd mind that too much, do you?

Jean said...

Erica- Mind???... hell no, I wouldn't mind!

Joan, it was a great afternoon, absolutely! Ya got me blushing, though, with all the praise and compliments. (I'd trade hair with you any day, Ms Raven-haired Beauty...)
So...this Cracker BloggerBash, could be the next best thing to Helen!

GUYK said...

Speakin' of blogger bash..I will be up near Brunswick for at least to week the last of January. Catfish and I are talkin' about trying to put something together..are you interested?

Mark said...

How come no 0ne ever wants to have a blogmeet in SF???

Oh wait, if I have one, will you all come out here???

We're not all fruits and nuts. really...

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Cool beans! :^)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

"How come no 0ne ever wants to have a blogmeet in SF???"

Snort! That's a good one!

Mark said...

Hey, at least our weather is spectacular. We don't have to wear a wetsuit 364 days a year like you folks up yonder...

;o)>

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Touche, Mark. :^)
To be fair, I won't go to Seattle either. But there's lot's of small towns in between that are more...hospitable. :^)

ArtfulSub said...

I'm up for a Florida Cracker Blogger Bash. I can think of a few others to invite, as well.

I'm assuming Trolls will be welcome, of course.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Let's see, Brunswick doesn't qualify as Florida, GuyK. We needs us a genuine Florida location.

Preferably a beach!

Trolls with blogs are welcome, of course!
:o)

Oswegan said...

Joan and Jean on the beach. Sounds fun. I wish we still had sun.

Cheers,

~Oswegan

nonny said...

Sounds delightful. Are you not afraid meeting fellow bloggers? Obviously you had been blessed with good fortune and met a really nice person but imagine if you met someone that was mental what would you do? I admire your bravery I’d be too ascared.

Erica said...

Scared of meeting bloggers?? My God! Were I independently wealthy, there would be no geographical boundaries that I wouldn't cross -- short of Iran and North Korea, and most dooshbag countries in the Middle East, excluding Israel -- to meet and hang out with bloggers.

So far I've only been to Georgia, Texas and Tennessee [twice], but if I could go all over the country, no matter how remote the location, I'd do it tomorrow.

Nonny, get your butt over here to New York and we'll have a great time!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, Nonny, I sized up Jean and figured I could take her in a fair fight, with coleslaw or without.

Besides, we have guns here in Florida...

Mark said...

USS -
I love Vancouver! Had a friend there once.

Hey, Washington is cool...

Joan - We have guns, too...

nonny said...

Guns ye say, so you could just sit calmly in a restaurant and if say any aggro arises whip out your piece and say something like well partner this is one blogatastrophe you ain’t getting out of and put a cap in the offending bloggerette ass. Resourceful Miss Joan. I like it. You continue to impress me.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Yep. That's just the way we roll over here in the Wild,Wild, U.S., Nonny.

Everybody's polite to each other here in the South, because Mr. Colt makes us all play nice. You never know who's packing teh heat.