Nov 30, 2007

Subduing an Eager Cock

One of my favorite bloggers is the Irrelephant. He's such a good writer, and a seemingly good person. How could you not respect a guy that loves trains? Anyway, he's become a bit of a gentleman farmer, by virtue of having a small yard for chickens. Here's something neither I nor my dear mother knew about overzealous cocks:

I knew this wasn't going to do so I grabbed him around his middle, hoisted him up in front of all his ladies and held him upside down.

Yeah, I know that sounds strange and is probably just a little unsettling to younger viewers but I'm told by Chicken Experts that it's the most expeditious way to subdue an eager cock.

As a young girl, my Mom hated the cocks on her family farm, and actually wrung the neck of one randy rooster. But, I think her cock-subduing skills went by the wayside after marriage.

I am, after all, the last of eight children.

10 comments:

Mark said...

Hee. Cock subduing. Not a chance in hell around our place...

Joan of Argghh! said...

You are a fearless commenter!

Nobody else will even try to comment on this post.

Mark said...

Well hell, let's all pretend we don't like sex, shall we?

I don't get why some people are so damned shy about the subject.

julie said...

I thought it was hilarious - oh, the mental pictures :)

Jean said...

hehehe...Irrelephant is also one of my favorites. ...and, he can make you cry just as easily as laugh.

(why would I want to subdue a cock? huh? hehehe.)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Well, Jean, you might want to if it's getting ready to spur you...

Jack's Shack said...

Oy.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Welcome, Jack!

:o)

Mark said...

Jack is cool...

Irrelephant said...

*LMAO* Oh my dear Joan! I just noticed I had a handful (*snort*) of new referrals...guess where from? Thank you! *big ole hugs*