Nov 21, 2007

There Used to Be a Post Here

It is gone now. Thank you. That is all.

("save" and "publish" are two entirely different ideas, entirely different buttons.)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled blog reader pings...

Oh, and all the blame goes to Rachel Lucas.

UPDATE: For those who just hate a mystery... Rachel, she of the most excellent writing skills in the blogosphere, wanted to know if there was a good IQ test online, so folks were providing links. At around 11:00 last night, I decided to take one of the tests. Nevermind that I had worked two jobs that day and was enjoying the buzz of an adult beverage. So I got the results and posted them into the drafts folder of blogger for future amusement.

As I mentioned in the comments, the Jolly Roger and I have had an ongoing IQ-Test War. Neither has won it yet, as we both get the same score... whether higher or lower than that one that my panel of Slackers witnessed this morning. Right after I had showed the result to the JR, I went to return to my blog, but hit "publish" instead of "save". Those with evil little blog aggregators saw a post that stayed up less than 5 seconds. The rest of ya, well, you'll have to bribe Erica and maybe two others. Heh.

I have no desire to discuss my IQ with anyone, much less on my blog, because I think it the tackiest thing in the world. And it is. Gah!

So, Slackers and hangers-on, if you wanna give it a go sometime this Holiday, whilst in a tryptophan-induced coma, here's a link.
I just don't wanna know about it.

12 comments:

Mizz E said...

Not to worry - Google Reader saw it, thought it was genius quality and put it up for all the world to read.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I had saved it last night to bust the chops of the Jolly Roger this morning. I showed it to him, and instead of closing it back to "saved" I hit the customary, "publish".

Ack!!

I plead the fact that I was two sheets to the wind when I took the test...

Erica said...

Those of us who have blog aggregators, though...we are the lucky ones.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Gah. I hate that it posted!

The JR and I have a longstanding war with IQ tests. We both keep scoring identically on them, no matter which ones we take. It drives him mad!

Mizz E said...

Gah. I don't have an excuse. I even completely deleted a published post, but it's still there in Reader.

ehdrubcr -
I have a blog aggravator.

pabotl -
Do I need a Rx?

Joan of Argghh! said...

I hate that my favorite readers are seeing such idiocy! As you can see, there's not even a title on it, I was just using the draft as a sticky-note.

I'll know not to do that anymore. Cuz, I'm, yannow, so smart an' shit.

:o)

Erica said...

Yes, so smart that "[o]nly 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities" that you seem to possess.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, Joanie, you is a smart one. Me? My IQ, I think, resembles a football score, or some shit.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Ain't it silly? That's 3 out of 500, that's 1 out of 166.6 people.

And here all along, the JR has been telling me I'm one in a million!

;)

nonny said...

I bet when the post was published it still displayed better diction than my finished posts. As for the IQ test I couldn't possible do that I would probably break Ahem ahem.

julie said...

Hm. Just out of morbid curiosity, I decided to try the test. I didn't see your original post, but I suspect I got the same score as you (only 6 in 1000 have that score...) which means that either a) I'm as smart as you after you've had a really long day and an adult beverage (which would be pretty frickin' phenomenal) or b) the test is rigged. I'm going with b, since the whole idea of the site appears to be to puff up your ego so that you'll foolishly and voluntarily sign up for a billion or so spam opportunities. So I guess the important thing here was to be smart enough not to sign up for spam...

***

I almost forgot - Happy Thanksgiving, Joan!

Jean said...

Wouldn't that be "one in a blue million"? : )

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Julie. Don't you love the title, "Creative Theorist"? Sounds like a fancy way to say, "liar"!

Jean, he doesn't qualify his millions with colors. Only you and I do that!

:o)