Dec 18, 2007

...Air!

Whew! The good news is that Christmas was celebrated this past Sunday and I'll have a whopping FIVE days off--in a row--starting Friday. (It's been a year with no vacation and only four paid holidays, folks.) Then, we'll have the busiest week of the entire year awaiting me at work when I return. Extra good news: I don't work in a retail business.

Meanwhile, the Newlyweds just left. They were camped here for three days, and now things seem a bit lonesome here.

And...it's cold. Must be about 40 degrees out there! How do I cope?

Hot Tub.
Seat Warmers in car.
Portable Heater at my desk.
And a plan to keep living in Florida!

11 comments:

lizardbrain said...

Just remember the words of Einstein. You could be here in Maine, where the temp is a bracing 8 degrees above zero right now.

Teresa said...

Bummer about the coldness, we're at a balmy 30 degrees today... snow is melting.

GLASR said...

Uh, um, ah, well, I could use some duct tape to wrap my head in - keep it from exploding, after reading this post. Hope I don't dehydrate from crying over your plight. HA! xo ;~)

Jim - PRS said...

I spent an hour today chipping ice away from my back door so I could open it.

Jean said...

Joanie, I had to go buy a space heater for my bedroom. Horrible!
:>)

However, today was 62 or something.

Erica said...

I could think of a perfect use for duct tape, as per your previous post: Everyone who lives in Florida's MOUF when it's gloriously sunshiney there, while I'm wearing a coat in the house!

Erica said...

Dooshbags.

Oswegan said...

Hot tub good.

~Oswegan

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hey Erica, anyone with two whole weeks off, yet stays in the Frozen Hinterlands instead of hopping a cruise ship to Belize deserves to freeze!

Erica said...

It just happened to have been my luck that I am one of those Joos for whom the Bells of Hollywood, or Swiss Bank Accounts don't toll.

Otherwise, trust me, I'd be outta here.

GUYK said...

I am in shorts and T shirt again this afternoon..in the mid 70s out but will cool down when the sun goes down....which it is doing right now.

This is the time of year on the Gulf coast where we wear a jacket at night and shorts in the daytime..