Dec 4, 2007

Cool Bar Tricks


Gads. I had a long blah blah-blah post all written and just had to throw it over for something useful and interesting, since I can't seem to be either of those things.

Wise Bread is an interesting site for all kinds of financial practicalities, but every now and then they post some advice about something you might actually want to try.

Let's face it, you're never really going to increase the percentage on your 401k withholding, or really even attempt to read, "5 Ways to Spend Less and Love More."

What you really want is Six Cool Bar Tricks That Anyone Can Master. Because what you really want Santa to bring you is all the Cool Cred you'll derive from effortlessly turning an empty beer bottle into Quality Entertainment.

9 comments:

lizardbrain said...

The post has been up since 9:30 last night, and still no comments? Everyone must still be recovering from all the research they did last night.

Erica said...

Actually, I was going to comment last night, and even had the comment box open, but I was falling asleep in my chair.

What I had wanted to say was, when I was out Friday night with my friends [while all of youse, my other friends, were plotting Bloggy surprises behind my back -- badasses!], my homey G-Money asked if I knew how to tie the stem of a maraschino cherry in a knot with my tongue.

About 5-6 years ago, I was able to do it, maybe two or three times, but now? Since that part of my body's so out of practice...not so much.

I learned a really good one a few weeks ago, too...I'm gonna have to try on you someday. There's no way you or anybody else could outsmart it, unless you've already done it.

Blah, blah, blah...this was a long freakin' comment. I'm going now.

:-)

Anonymous said...

... those were GREAT...

Eric

lizardbrain said...

Erica, I always thought that talent was only part of an off-color joke. Seriously? Man, those things are tiny! I can barely tie one in a knot with my not-very-coordinated fingers.

Anonymous said...

Those were great. The best way to make money in a bar is to play Liars poker.

Mark said...

Lizardbrain - I have had two girlfriends and one wife with that talent.

But I could never master it myself. probably in large part because of an aversion to maraschino cherries...

Mark said...

"I have had two girlfriends and one wife with that talent."

Consecutively, not concurrently...

Erica said...

lizardbrain, if you have about 25-40 minutes to kill, and don't mind giving your tongue a charleyhorse, it can definitely be done.

It's just a matter of contorting your tongue enough to be able to make the loop, and once you have it, hold it in place -- generally against the roof of ones mouth -- until you can contort your tongue, just so, that you may slip the butt-end of the stem through the loop.

It's really a massive pain in the groodies, but guys seem to be impressed with chicks who can do it. No clue why.

;-)

Oswegan said...

Those are cool bar tricks. I wonder if it take a lot of practice. Did you try them?

~Oswegan