Dec 30, 2007

Laundry List

I am so far behind on updating links and my Rack o' Slacks blogroll.

Google Reader has been a recent help to my daily devotions to the blog gods, but I avoided it for a while, preferring to run the roll in the morning and be surprised or not at what I'd find where. That's kind of impossible to do now, as time resources leave little margin for mullin' new thoughts presented within each visit.

So, in no particular order are some of my newer discoveries that haven't yet been added to the Slack Wardrobe: [note: updating this list as I wake up and remember more]


Well, I guess that'd be alphabetical order. At any rate, I need to get 'em up on the Rack o' Slacks but I'm notoriously bad about managing my own laundry here at the Pirate Palapa. This may be turning into a New Year's Resolution. Wait. Ummmnnmm...nah.

But a dear, friendly Raccoon known as Ben has been up there on the sidebar since the get-go ("Bell Bottoms" - he's a sailor, not a hippie!) You have to get to know Ben and other Raccoons from One Cosmos to understand some of his seemingly chaotic ramblings, but he's just the best sort of person to know, unlike your blog hostess.

Ben's latest installments about the Great Northwest Flood, how he and Patti and their two brave little dogs fared through it all is just some of the best story-telling out there.

Fellow Raccoons (Transdimensional Order of the Friendly Sons & Daughters of the Cosmic Raccoons) were worried about Ben and Patti, made phone calls, and soon had the police track them down and report them as safe and sound. But just reading their harrowing escape makes it all the more heartening to hear once again that they are just fine. And I've wanted to point you to him so you could have a great story for an end-note on a year of blogdom.

And to make the hyena go away.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm just trying to get everything read... I'm sooo far behind today and I've been going through my roll for the last 2 hours. I couldn't even think of messing with my template right now. LOL.

Randy said...

Thanks for the mention.

I have worn out the seat on three pair of pants trying to remodel the back-end of my blog and having it kick me in the arse.

That will be my next project; getting my blogroll up-to-date.

It seems like it never ends. Does it?

Erica said...

Joanie...a happy and a healthy New Year to you, the Jolly Rogster and Pepper Dog... mwah, mwah, mwah. Cannot wait to hang with youse again.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, Eri! Resolution: to get to New York this year.

:o)

Rosie said...

Thanks, Joan! Sorry I'm just getting around to replying to this...technorati just ain't what it used to be. I've got to get around to updating my links too!

KeesKennis said...

More than a month later and I have your link up at my place, your'e welcome.