I am so far behind on updating links and my Rack o' Slacks blogroll.
Google Reader has been a recent help to my daily devotions to the blog gods, but I avoided it for a while, preferring to run the roll in the morning and be surprised or not at what I'd find where. That's kind of impossible to do now, as time resources leave little margin for mullin' new thoughts presented within each visit.
So, in no particular order are some of my newer discoveries that haven't yet been added to the Slack Wardrobe: [note: updating this list as I wake up and remember more]
- Compass Points - Joated and Navigator.
- Eternity Road - Serious stuff, good stuff.
- KeesKennis - just wrong, somehow, but my kinda wrong.
- Neptunus Lex - Awesome commentary and weapon pr0n.
- Red Hill Kudzu - Have you ever actually had kudzu in your yard?
- Scaryduck - Re-found after a couple of years. Yea!
- Smokey Mountain Breakdown - An original
- Smoking Toaster - not sure what they're smoking, acutally.
- Squublog - hmmm... just, strangely interesting.
- Suicide Help Desk - not really helpful if you're suicidal
- The Bandit Monco - still getting acquainted
- Tired Dad - funny, cuz he has little crumb-crunchers in his Anglo castle.
- Venemous Kate - another re-found fabulous fun place to hang out.
Well, I guess that'd be alphabetical order. At any rate, I need to get 'em up on the Rack o' Slacks but I'm notoriously bad about managing my own laundry here at the Pirate Palapa. This may be turning into a New Year's Resolution. Wait. Ummmnnmm...nah.
But a dear, friendly Raccoon known as Ben has been up there on the sidebar since the get-go ("Bell Bottoms" - he's a sailor, not a hippie!) You have to get to know Ben and other Raccoons from One Cosmos to understand some of his seemingly chaotic ramblings, but he's just the best sort of person to know, unlike your blog hostess.
Ben's latest installments about the Great Northwest Flood, how he and Patti and their two brave little dogs fared through it all is just some of the best story-telling out there.
Fellow Raccoons (Transdimensional Order of the Friendly Sons & Daughters of the Cosmic Raccoons) were worried about Ben and Patti, made phone calls, and soon had the police track them down and report them as safe and sound. But just reading their harrowing escape makes it all the more heartening to hear once again that they are just fine. And I've wanted to point you to him so you could have a great story for an end-note on a year of blogdom.
And to make the hyena go away.