Jan 27, 2008

John "Twitch" McCain. Just Say No

On the cusp of the Florida ballot, I suppose I must declare my intentions toward my country as honorable.

Wanting nothing more from my political relationships but law, order, and strategic military advantage, I intend to work hard, pay just taxes, abide by the laws (I think that covers illegal immigrants), and submit to orderly society of a reasonable and moral sort--that includes guns for law-abiding citizens as a means of sport or self-defense.

If only my politicians would promise the same.

So, um. No. Not John "Twitch" McCain. He's more narcissistic than Bill. (I call him "Twitch" because he's just so close to the edge. -ed) Not Hillary or Obama. Not Mitt (Once you've had Taxachussettes, you never want to go back to self-sustenance). Not Ron Paul. Not Guiliani.

I'm writing in for Fred Thompson. He's the only candidate not offering to buy my vote. He can take all the time he needs to tend to his mother. I'll campaign for him with my write-in. It's the only thing I can do with a halfway clear conscience.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

You are.....well, you know, I just loves ya!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hahahaha! Not sure how to take it, but I'm glad!

Your script is coming along nicely, too. More folks need to head over your way and read your writing.

And learn your parenting skilz.

:o)

Trée said...

What is wrong with McCain's face? Whenever I'm watching him, I feel like I do with a woman and a lot of cleavage--just trying not to look but the whole time, out of the corner of my eye, its all I can see. :-D

Joan of Argghh! said...

I only use 'twitch' to describe his personality. It has a nervous edge to it that I'd call twitchy. Unpredictable. On.the.edge.

Trée said...

Oooh, my bad. See how my fixation on the left side of his face warps everything I see and read about the man? :-D

Stacy said...

I think we've finally come to that conclusion, as well. I want Florida to send a loud and clear message to Thompson...we weren't frickin' done with you yet, Fred.

pamibe said...

Well, my distaste for McCain burns with a white hot passion, so I'm voting Romney.

And McCain? Twitch is a really good moniker for a man who can't control his facial movements and trails off in the middle of sentences...

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Hell, I'd love to see Fred win it, regardless.
I mean, he's the only candidate that didn't want to run.
Same as George Washington, and look how he turned out.

However, if Fred or Duncan Hunter doesn't miraculously win the nomination, then I'm goin' with Rudy.