Jan 10, 2008

Schooled in Sinecure

I have found the perfect job for The Slacker who needs an income but doesn't really want to work: Sinecure.

Better than marrying a rich person, even, as advice for financial success-by-proxy. See also: Hillary.

Believe it or not, *ahem,* that was a word on the spelling test I was given during the job interview today. I have no idea how this word has escaped my notice, but I'm like a kid with a new toy. Sinecure! "Without a Care." A true and noble calling for a worthy Slacker! But a hideous aberration in unworthy and political hands.

Wikipedia describes it thusly:

"Sinecure means an office which requires or involves little or no responsibility, labour, or active service."
See also: Congressman, Trophy Wife, or DMV employee.

I'm sure you've met such a fortunate one. Now you know what to call them.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Sinecure slackers, sitting in circles slothfully sleeping.

Say that three times fast...

GUYK said...

where does one apply for the job?

GLASR said...

‽ ‽ xo ;~)

Teresa said...

I have always wondered how I too could have a job like that - but it is not to be. *sigh* More's the pity.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Sinecure. See burearat.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I like that, Ben.

Teresa and Guy, get in line. I saw it first!

Mark, that was scintillating!

Glasr, whatever are you on about?