Feb 28, 2008

Drive-by Thoughts and Questions

Why did Hillary of yesteryear make such a big deal out of her names, all of them? We've lived through Mrs. Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Hillary! and now just Hillary Clinton. So, what's the problem with Obama and all of his names? And Bush has no problem being called "W". I'm just sayin'. If he doesn't like his middle name, Obama can change it.

Maybe Obama could change his middle name to Chauncey, or Chance. And his last name to Gardner. Chance Gardener.

Addendum to the above: If Obama wins the Presidency, won't he need to say, "I, Barack Hussein Obama..." at his swearing in?

How can Twitch McCain be so right on some things and then go wildly off kilter by apologizing for something he didn't do? And it didn't resolve or quell the issue.

How can Senator McCain not have the political foresight necessary to see the unintended consequences of McCain-Feingold legislation? Can he see far enough ahead on other vital issues to be trusted?

How come Liberals can never be hypocrites? I bet you have a good answer. Let's hear it.

Just reading the Google search terms on your site meter will deprive you of the last of your innocence.

Jim Bakker's newest scam. Looks so very like the old scam. It's not like he has any fallback skills, I guess.

To read the press, nothing good that has happened to the U.S. in the last 8 years is Bush's fault.

...And nothing bad that has befallen Cuba in five decades is Castro's fault.

5 comments:

julie said...

(Psst... your Jim Bakker link has a couple-three too many "http"s on it. Just thought you might like to know.)

QP said...

>>"Just reading the Google search terms on your site meter will deprive you of the last of your innocence."<<

That's going on my list of Righteous Truths!

wv: mvmmv - Yes, sometimes I mv JofA- like today!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Julie, thanks! Link fixed!

Hullo, QP, and welcome!

Suzette said...

Chance Gardener! This confirms all of my suspicions about you, Joan. You're a genius.

Old Cloots said...

How come Liberals can never be hypocrites? I bet you have a good answer. Let's hear it.

Good question. I got into a discussion with a Lefty about GW. When I made the comment that I thought Gore was a hypocrite for living high on the hog in a mega-mansion while preaching that the rest of us should do without our one SUV (while living in an 1187 sq. ft. home, for example), I was told that in Gore case it was okay because the energy used by Gore came from nuclear plants. I then pointed out that that was a source of power the Left has always eschewed as not viable.

Silly me.