Feb 13, 2008

HDTV - The New Fifth Column



Face it, Slackers. In the age of HDTV, Hillary doesn't stand a chance against the Bold and the Beautiful:

And if that doesn't scare you, then just think of seeing this other face on your HDTV during the evening news:

HD is so unforgiving. Every wild nose hair, age spot, bag, wrinkle and wattle will be so glaringly REAL in HD. Good gawd, in HD you can see individual drops of rain and crocodile tears as they're falling.

The only Republicans that could've stood up to that kind of scrutiny would've been Fred What-Do-I-Care-My-Wife-is-HAWT Thompson, or Mitt Romney.

So, yeah, we're pretty much screwed if Obama gets the Dem nomination. Undermined by our own esthetics and technology.

Update: Cracker, please. Chrissy Matthews gets some virtual frottage from Obama.

10 comments:

Suzette said...

What the hell kind of crazy campaign picture is that middle one? No wonder he's ahead - I'm thinking of voting for him myself, based on just that image.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Believe it or not, I googled up "Beautiful Obama" and that's what I got!

Hammer said...

Looks like he's doing to her what he's going to do the the rest of us.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Whispering sweet nothings into our collective ear?

'mouse said...

Joan, I think you're onto something here. I'll promise to vote against Hillary if you'll promise to keep McCain out of my nightmares.

P.S. I really was gonna buy an HDTV one of these days, but now I'm not going to unless you promise to help me program it with parent-controls to keep political figures off the screen.

P.P.S. Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been busy slacking.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hey 'mouse! I'm doing my level best, but I don't think it's going to be good enough.

Just the glam factor alone is gonna doom us to pretty boys who've never really been challenged on the issues, Left or Right.

I've been slacking more than most, so I'm glad to see it's having a positive effect on the blogosphere...

Erica said...

Michele Obama's neck is larger than her husband's. And Jeremy Shockey's, for that matter. (Welcome back?)

nonny said...

Obama is do polished, it is scary.

Hammer said...

I was thinking more below the belt but yours works too ;)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Deference to one's better angels. It's a service I provide.

:o)