Feb 5, 2008

Hired! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!

In a complete re-work of my career, I am about to be trained to sell fine art created by my favorite, nationally acclaimed, local artist. Squee!!!

Training will be in the Charleston gallery next week, so I'll get to see the Newlyweds for a few days. ( Maybe I should ask them if I can crash there...)

You remember the Super Bowl ad of the little heart that jumped out of the girl's chest? I laughed and cried when I saw it because in the last two weeks the idea of having to fall back on my mad skillz in administrative and marketing support just gave me the cold sweats. I can't face it any longer.

I was holding my breath, awaiting to see if I'd totally sacked my potential chances at getting even a good job, much less the chance of a whole new career. I was hoping for a Monday interview.

Got a phone call Monday, they kinda sorta maybe wanted to talk more, liked my resume, had little time, Mondays are crazy, maybe they'd call me later in the day to come in. Hmmm... "maybe" doesn't suit my nature, so I dressed and drove over and barged in on their afternoon, sat down, and proceeded to be interviewed anyway. I was serious, I wanted it, and so with apologies for being so forward, I just showed up. It seemed to go well. Smiles and goodbyes.

Honestly, as little as an hour ago, I was moping about the house, thinking that perhaps it was decided I wasn't a good fit. But I wanted it with all my ability to want something.

Got the call at High Noon today. They're excited. I'm excited!

Time for a happy dance!


19 comments:

Mizz E said...

Coonfriggingradulations!! squared!

Erica said...

Zeh mitzuyan ma'od...kol ha'kavod...mazel tov!!

Omnibus Driver said...

Wooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!

Joan of Argghh! said...

I don't think there's the first English word in the comments so far!

:o)

Hazel Stone said...

Congratufreakinlations!

(Had to do my part for the non-engleesh speak.)

Teresa said...

WooHOOOOO!!!! Yay! Happy Dancing.

Seems today has been good for lots of people. *grin*

nonny said...

Fantastic Joan, well done and the very best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll be fabUtastic!!

joated said...

Congratulations!

Best of luck in your new job.

pamibe said...

Congratulations!! Doing a happy dance with you!!! :)

It's just a great week....!

Jean said...

WooooooooHooooooooo!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sounds perfect for you.
Happy dancin' with the group!

Mark said...

Congrats, Joan!!!

Suzette said...

Wow. Nerve pays. Very good going.

Peggy U said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gecko said...

Lucky them - congratch!

Jim - PRS said...

Wunderbar! Best of luck to you.

LauraB said...

I am SO pleased for you! And it just goes to show that being on top of your game and going for it pays off.

What a glorious new start for you!! The old "follow your bliss" thing...LOL WELL DONE!!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thank you so much, peeps, one and all!

I feel better than I have in years!

:o)

julie said...

Congratulations, Joan!! I hope it turns out to be the best job you've ever had :)

holder said...

ditto what everyone else said...