Feb 15, 2008

Primordial Aquariums!



It's almost enough-- not quite-- to make me consider having an aquarium again.

The fine folks at Aqua Forest Aquariums have many beautiful examples of extreme aquarium "land"scapes to delight your eyes and make your favorite fishies feel right at home. Follow the link and scroll and scoll...

I think they are works of living art on the order of bonsai and zen gardens. I'd have to hire someone to maintain the thing, however. An "aquarium boy." Now that there's a whole new job description for the workforce dedicated to leisure housewife set. But I'm thinking the "aquarium boy" would be the exact opposite of the "pool boy."

h/t: Uncrate.

5 comments:

julie said...

Those are incredible! I could never have one, though - I hate hiring people to do stuff around my house, but I also wouldn't maintain it properly myself, and in short order I'm sure mine would resemble the boggiest of bogs. I'm just too much of a slacker :)

And the aquarium boy? you know he'll be there with the manliest of hip waders...

Joan of Argghh! said...

I'm afraid he'd be there with the scraggly bald-guy pony tail, a pony-keg gut, and smelling faintly of peat moss and old comic books.

Anonymous said...

Daughter works at a pet store, so we have three aquariums. One of them is in a location that doesn't get much light, and I have a hard time keeping plants alive in that tank. Does anyone know if bamboo works as an aquarium plant and if it is safe for fish?

LauraB said...

Only problem with aquarium boys vs. pool boys is they're smaller. Mrrf! Harf!

Irrelephant said...

My gawd. Having fought with and lost more planted aquariums than I care to think about let me just say that plastic is bettah. Spend enough money and it looks just like the real thing, and don't wilt.