Mar 2, 2008

Anthropology 101. You Will Be Assimilated. By Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Just to really piss off some self-important cultural anthropologists out there who'd love nothing more than to see the U.S. become subsumed to some perceived "better" culture, I thought I'd promote this incredible bit of homogenization for your Sunday morning.

Via The Corner, the Red Army Chorus accompanies the Leningrad Cowboys in what can only be described as the most surreal rendition of Sweet Home Alabama I've ever seen:



It's the pogrom-like sounds and chording of the men's voices at the end of Alabama that really brings it home, so to speak. So yeah, you gotta sit there, slack-jawed through the whole thing.

Don't miss their take on Tom Jones' "Delilah," either.

When they finally do Freebird, we can all decry John Lennon's pablum for the passive pussification it promotes.

Imagine that.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Fantastic!! I think even Gipper would appreciate it. And that crazy hair...they could poke somebody's eye out.

GUYK said...

HEY! Didn't I see that gal with the red dress on dancing in a motel room at Helen last fall?

Teresa said...

Good Lord... that's just creepy. Really. I'm afraid to watch the other one. I may be assimilated...

joated said...

Oh. My. God.

Freakin' unbelieveable!
The look. The sound.
Just ....
[shakes head and wanders away totally dumbfounded]

joated said...

AND Delilah was...was...was...

Well, it WAS!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Yeah. Unbelievable crap. It's a service I provide.

:o)

Robin Starfish said...

Yup. Just when I think I've seen the most bizzaro thing ever on the internet, you go and find something like this!

Must be something in the irradiated water over there. Next Sunday these guys are coming to town. How could I possibly miss that?

Anonymous said...

.... wow, what visuals!.... I remember hearing an old recording of Russians singing "It's A Long Way to Tipperary" that absolutely cracked me up....

.... ZEEES a LONG VWAY TO TEEEPARAREEE!....

Eric