Mar 13, 2008

Dogfights

Her doggie dress-up pics are teh funniest, but I know that some days she feels the eensiest bit guilty for pics like this, or this:



Well, I have no idea who deserves the blame for this picture below, but I think it absolves Rachel of any lingering guilts she may be harboring deep in her psyche:


What the hell are people thinking? Anybody can build a costume and prey upon some poor pooch's sense of self.

However, Rachel's pics have that artistic and surreal quality that speak to the brilliance of her creative powers, her understanding of her subject, and her fearless ability to set up the scene for her readers.

No wonder I don't watch television anymore.

5 comments:

pamibe said...

That's just cute. And you can tell that the dog is digging its new wings... ;)

zombyboy said...

I keep coming back to look at pilot dog.

I'm bouncing between "poor dog" and "aww cute" and I can't seem to settle in one place.

Darling girl decided to dress our dog up for Halloween and Christmas this year (skeleton dog and reindeer, if you were wondering), and I felt so sorry for her.

Although, to be honest, once she got used to it, she didn't really seem to mind.

Rachel Lucas said...

I think I'm going to steal that last paragraph and make it an "endorsement" in my sidebar.

I do have to confess though: I never ever feel guilty about anything I do to Sunny. Maggie, yes. Sunny is so focused on treats, you could probably set her on fire and she wouldn't notice.

I wouldn't do that. Promise.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. Well, I admit that I knew that, but I needed the guilt angle as a literary device to get me to that last paragraph!

:o)

Mike said...

I'd like to see what happens when that wing-dog chases a rabbit.