Apr 27, 2008

Don't Hate Me Cuz I Went Sailing

It's always good to remember what you like about this little pirate town, if you live here. It's easy to gnash one's teeth in dealing with tourists, traffic, and politics and payoffs.

The Jolly Roger decreed that we should go the National Park nearby and rent a little catamaran and catch some sun and fun. Which thing we did.

Fair dinkum breezes, nice little boat, cool water, warm sun (yea! No sun spots to fry our noggins!) and--- ah! ---beautiful! Yes, I got to man the helm, the J.R. manned the sheets, and it was so much fun that we know we'll go again soon. We miss having a boat.

I didn't have a camera, but let me just say that seeing my brown feet and red toenails against the backdrop of blue sparkling water, under the canopy of bright sun and white sails was just what was needed today.

The sunburn isn't bad, either. It's the rite of passage into summer.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oy, my feet are currently Elmer's Glue White, but I do have two exquisite coats of Moon Dust Silver nail polish on my fingers & toes.

One of these days Joanie, I'm gonna show up on your doorstep, begging you to make me biscuits & gravy, and take me sailing with you & the J.R.

Joan of Argghh! said...

C'mon down, Erica!

But wait! There's more to my day!