Jun 12, 2008

You Done With That?

Just for the record, even after I'm dead, I am NOT done with it-- my bod-- thank you very much. And before I was breathing air, I was using it then, too. So, keep your mitts off of me, dammit!

I've thought long and hard about how I would like my remains to repose in the Big Sleep, and having some New Jersey dentist and his toadies hacksawing on my jaw is not part of the plan.

I thought, "how does someone come to think that this is somehow okay-- even for money?" Seriously, how did we get to this place of monstrosity? We pride ourselves as civilized folks who don't eat their dead or their enemies unless they are rugby players.

You didn't see that line get crossed, did you? Well, yes, you did if you've been alive longer than Atari.

But I'll ask you, Slackers, what little series of lines do you think get crossed in the human mind and heart, to bring someone to such a state? I'm not saying it's new, I'm saying it's not surprising:

God is dead.
What is ethical is defined by the situation. (Thanks, AP English teacher!)
Nobody knows when life begins.
It's not a baby, it's parasitic tissue.
Nobody should get the death penalty for taking another life.
There is no such thing as a soul, you superstitious religious freaks.
Life is precious, but we won't defend it or let you defend yourself.
We're no better, morally, than animals. Just a teeny bit more evolved.
In fact, animals are more moral than we.
Really, we are simply a virus on the planet.
We are just parasitic tissue on this planet. Meat bags.
Gaia is God.
And she hates you for being born and breathing her air.
So please die already so we can use your body parts.

or...

Maybe really it was just a simple case of New Jersey logic: "you'll pay me how much?!"

12 comments:

Erica said...

New Jersey is a place of many dubious distinctions. And I think, out of respect to the tragedies that have taken place, I should probably leave it at that.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Honestly, I expected to see it was a Florida dentist. But it's horrid, no matter what the reason or where.

I kinda have to go with the guy's own family in their assessment of him: greedy.

Chills my soul.

Van said...

No disrespect to the relative who said this "I felt like he had to say that. It wasn't from his heart,"... but duh - can't be from something that wasn't there.

Your list pretty much sums up the magic incantation for removing the Heart, without interupting your breathing.

Sick.

GUYK said...

"God is dead."

Naaa, she is alive and kicking..talked to her the other morning about rain..she sent some. But sometimes she really just don't give a shit. I do believe if I hadn't pointed out the the damn plants were dying and it was all her fault it would still be drier than a popcorn fart here on sweetthing's half acre.

Oh, "Yeah, I ain't cheap but I can be bought by the right price and the right person."

Stacy said...

Plus, just ICKY.

I'm to tell you I've tagged you for a meme. *ducking*

'mouse said...

Well, I'm not sure I want NJ dentists carving me up, but I'm with John Prine on the general concept:
------------
Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size
Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get "em" out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junkman
And give my love to Rose

Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
Give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me
Hand me down my walking cane
It's a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye
------------

Joan of Argghh! said...

I love that, 'mouse! Made me smile today during my lunch break.

:o)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Van, is that you? Why, it IS you!

Hiya.

Van said...

Hiya Joan - yeah no and then I manage to squeak out of my den... not often, but as often as I can!

Francis W. Porretto said...

You're beginning to sound like me, dear.

mouse said...

Let's see if I can include a youtube link to someone messing around to the John Prine tune.

PeggyU said...

That was great, mouse! Can I borrow it? BTW, how does a dentist gain access to corpses? That has me grossed out and curious as much as anything else.