Jul 12, 2008

Did you know...

..that in South American Spanish, the word for "wives"and "handcuffs" is the same? Esposas.

I had totally forgotten that until I watched the video of the hostage rescue in Colombia.

Yet here in the U.S. we have freeborn people who have never suffered the oppression and hopelessness experienced by a much larger portion of the world, getting their shorts in a bunch because of a term they find offensive, "black hole".

Yeah, well, I'm not real happy about Pringles' Cracker Stix, either.





8 comments:

pamibe said...

Is that why Obama wanted us all to learn Spanish?

Oh, the black hole thing? What a conjured up bunch of hooey. UNfrickingbelievable.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Excellent observation, Pam! I wasn't even thinking of going there.

I'm sure he's happily handcuffed to his charming and gracious wife.

PeggyU said...

Actually, yeah, I can't remember where I learned that. Kind of like the ol' ball and chain?

How does something as stoooopid as that "black hole" dude get promoted to a position like that. Holy crap. I wonder what this word would do to him?

Kim said...

Hey! Who you callin' a cracker stix?!?!

I prefer suburban saltine myself.

Irrelephant said...

And what is it with those powdered "Do-nettes"? Not quite donuts, not quite donut holes.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Munchkins? They don't have a spokesperson and their lack of self-respect is legendary.

GUYK said...

I think I will complain about White Castle...those gotdam burgers give white a bad rep..

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

What's so offensive about a black ho? I guess that would depend on the ho, but any ho can be bad, and color has nothin' to do with it.

I knew some pretty mean white ho's in my day.