Jul 29, 2008

Things I've Learned While Doing the ChaCha

In order to fully establish my geek cred, I've decided to work from home. Note that I did not decide to get rich quick. I just have a plan, and in the meantime there's little wonderful service called, ChaCha.com to keep me amused.

And what do I do? I spend my now-massive amounts of idle hours telling people what they don't know. Tell me I don't know how to pick a dream job! Well, I don''t, apparently. More on that later. Or not.

But my esquincle son told me about ChaCha, since he thinks I know everything. So I signed up, took a test or two or ten. Passed the evals and now I'm a professional know-it-all. Feels right. So, while I wait around for the winning Lotto numbers, here's what I'm learning:

... how old Brett Favre is.

... how many people have died on rides in Disney since 2001.

... whether or not cracking your knuckles hurts you in any significant way.

... which is considered the worst shark attack ever.

... that jelly fish don't have bones, a brain or a heart. See also: Politicians

... where the name for "dominoes" comes from.

... who Feigner was and why he is significant in Major League Baseball History.

... a lot of clinical facts about sex.

... why guys like blonde jokes.

... and how many Presidents we had before George Washington.

Yeah. I'm officially insufferable now. About time it paid off.



8 comments:

mushroom said...

that jelly fish don't have bones, a brain or a heart. See also: Politicians

OK, that was too easy but I still laughed.

Alaina said...

Awesome! You're my new hero!

Mrs. Who said...

So...tell us some more facts about sex.

Joan of Argghh! said...

No, Mrs.Who. You need to go to ChaCha for your answers!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
New reader - but when I clicked on your chacha link, my pc virus scan
said no no and more nos..

How come?

I wanna play too.- besides I'm really anxious to know why guys like blonde jokes, as I brush
my blonde 'locks'. hehe.

KD

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hmmm... I just get the certificate warning. Which is harmless. They we co-sponsors with Coke Zero for the Allstate 400 race in Indy. They're legit.

Guys like blonde jokes because those are the jokes they can understand.

:o)

dogette said...

I watched the first part of the "how it works" video. Heh. Some guy asking, "Can a person drink a gallon of milk in an hour without throwing up?"

I don't think I could ever be a guide. I'd be snarking all over the place in my answers.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Guys like blonde jokes because those are the jokes they can understand.

Huh? I don't get it.