Aug 20, 2008

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I've bossed around my 12 loyal readers, but this isn't about me.

This is about Julie and her beautiful dog, Lyra. Lyra was recently diagnosed with cancer in her knee and just yesterday the poor pooch underwent an amputation. It's hard stuff, watching your dear pet have to suffer. If you've ever experienced something similar with your fluffy sidekick, go by and leave a few words of kindness and support.

Julie's a nice person, not at all like me, and a very accomplished artist with an amazing mind and heart, and beautiful family. So ya'll be sure to behave yourselves should you drop by her place during more blithe and happier circumstances.

Still, go by and give her a cyber-hug and leave a snuffly kiss for Lyra, who is nicely sedated and expected to recover well.

2 comments:

julie said...

Thanks, Joan. She did briefly perk up enough to beg (more piteously than I've ever seen her) for potato chips, which I take to be a good sign.

She's going to be spoiled rotten for the next few weeks, after which she'll probably be a holy terror again.

Thank goodness.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Awwww.... I can hardly bear it, but I'm glad to hear she's being a doggie about it all. What is pain when there are potato chips to be had?

I see my readers have been by to visit you. They really are the best peeps around!