Aug 4, 2008

Obligatory Blogiversary Post



I have posted no great insights, no great posts. It's just been me, or someone pretending to me, I guess. I've tried very hard to stick to my original cold fears of not letting this blog become an angst-filled teenager of self-absorption. Well, I've tried...

I've really enjoyed this, so far. I've only thought about stopping it about every other day. 41,000 hits and over 450 posts. I don't deserve an award, but I do want to take an opportunity to just acknowledge the co-perpetrators of this mess:

Rob Smith, God rest his soul, who was just who he was. Irascible doesn't even come close. Still, my toenails are sporting a brazen red color, Rob!
Elisson, who kicked off my further association with the Blown-Eyed Blodgers. P.S. I used your website as a reference page for my ChaCha gig. Some question about poop...
Velociman, who unwittingly helped me name this dubious effort.
To Erica, a special thanks just because her gift of encouragement is a thing to marvel at and obey. Plus, she took a hard knock from me and handed it right back. I still think I could take her in a jello-wrasslin' match, however.
Glenn Reynolds, doing his part by encouraging lots of new blogger with an Instalanche. If you encourage us, we start thinking we're good, Glenn.

Speaking of Jell-O, the gellin' in Helen completed the indoctrination, replete with sheep, shocks, and slurred speech by the usual suspects. Which reminds me to thank Jimbo for the introduction to all things Three Olives, (my SIL thanks you, too, Jimbo!), Georgia, Holder, Michelle, Denny, Kelly, Eric (Mr. Button-Down), Leslie and others I can't remember because of the Chatham Artillery Punch. Oh! Guy and SweetThing, of course!

Since then I've enjoyed the blogs of so many new and funny folks and some of the most brilliant women Bou, Teresa, Suzette and Dogette, Kim the Frothmistress, and Pam. Heck, may as well just post my blogroll here: creative folks like Jean, Robin, Julie, Stacy, and the twisted genius of Bent Objects and the mighty Hammer.

And on and on. Just look in the Rack o' Slacks and you'll know why I've enjoyed the last 366 days here on the Intartubes.

Now to get busy with the guitar practice. Need to get into musical shape for the Blogtoberfest!





27 comments:

Bou said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! May your writer's block be infrequent, your trolls catch a pox, and may you continue to enjoy blogging as much during the next year as you have this year!

Holder said...

Yeah, what Bou said. And I'll see you in Helen!

Elisson said...

Has it been a year already? A year since the Shy 'n' Retiring Commenter strapped her Big-Girl Boots on and started to kick Bloggy Ass? And ten months since the Headless Cock of Helen?

Wowsers.

Anonymous said...

Joan,
I will come out of lurking and say I am surprised that you have so few hits. You run a good blog here and I check in daily

Thank you, and congrats!


Vmaximus
Aka Anonymous

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks, all. It's all coming down tomorrow, so drink up!

Erica said...

You mean the world to me and I’m so glad, after our rough start (on 4/25/07 – I still have the email saved), I had the good sense to “pass the peacepipe and extend the hand of friendship,” and you were cool enough to take it. You almost deleted me as spam, too. *Whew*

I wish you a very happy and congratulatory blogiversary…you’re one of the best reads, and friends, around. Mazel tov!

Robin Starfish said...

"I have posted no great insights, no great posts."

Yuh. Right. I'll never string together 3 words as brilliant as any of your cast-off lines.

I love this place.

Happy blogiversary, Joan; you must never stop.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Robin, I'm really a bad influence on you. You said, "effin'" the other day!

"Evil communication corrupts good manners" don't you know?

Thanks for the kind words. Keep up the amazing photography!

pamibe said...

Happy Blogiversary, Joan! I wish you many wonderful years of illumination; you as the bulb and we the glad recipients of the light!

julie said...

Happy blogiversary! It's beer o'clock here, so I can't add any words of wisdom. Or even wisdumb. So I'll just say "what they all said," and swig back a grog in your honor.

(what? it's medicinal!)

mushroom said...

Hey, it's like 1 APS (After Primordial Slack). Congratulations.

You don't have a razor wit, Joan. It's more like a razor-strap wit. It's always fun. Thanks.

PeggyU said...

Happy blogiversary ... I like your substance and your style. :) Don't think I would have the energy to do what you do.

Suzette said...

Congratulations on shining your light onto us for a full year. Hope you never burn out.

hoosierboy said...

Just add my name to the long list of those who offer congrats

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Happy Blogiversary Joan!
Any many more! :^)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Happy Blogiversary Joan!
Any many more! :^)

dogette said...

I typed in a comment and it got eaten up. Shit! Congrats anyway.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Thanks again, everyone. Nothing like having a blog so you can be damned with faint praise! heh.

Dogette! You were able to comment? I think I need to buy a lotto ticket!

:o)

Teresa said...

I'm always late... heh. A very Happy Blogoversary. I think Bou (the articulate) said it all. So I'll just stand here looking funny and waving. *grin*

Denny said...

So are you coming to Helen so we can celebrate the Blogversary with some Chatham Artillery Punch?

Jean said...

Never a dull moment here. And often wit and wisdom. Congratulations, Joan!

Omnibus Driver said...

Happiest of blogiversaries to you! Now, what songs do I need to learn lyrics and harmony for??? We're doing some duets this year, right???

Velociman said...

My. One biggun! We shall celebrate belatedly at Helen with Eric and Elisson's finest Scotch whiskies.

Shan't we, boys?

Anonymous said...

.... indeed we shall, Velociman... and hey, Joan!... keep on keeping on.... you are doing one helluva fine job....

Eric

GUYK said...

Just a year? WOW! Keep up the good work..you make me laugh and I like to laugh..keeps me from crying

Elisson said...

We're on it, Vee-Man.

Probably oughta throw in some Navy Grog, too.

Kim said...

I'm sorry I'm so late. I've been semi-hiatusing and have been derelict in my reading duties.

You are one of the gems of the blogosphere. I love your blog. You rock. Happy oneaversary!