Aug 22, 2008

Show It Your Gun, Why Don't You?

While Dogette and her hub are only speaking in movie-lines now, I've been wracking my brain for a certain line from Key Largo to describe conditions here. Which, by the way, if it were possible, have deteriorated since yesterday.

The wind blows so hard
the ocean gets up on its hind legs. . .

. . .and walks right across the land.


Which is a line that simply kicks ass, all by itself. But this is the one I was hunting for:

You don't like it, do you?
The storm?

Show it your gun, why don't you?

If it doesn't stop, shoot it.


It's starting to sound like a perfectly sane idea.

3 comments:

dogette said...

And Key Largo was just on the other night. Whoa. Talk about fortuitous.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Was it? I never get to watch much television anymore, ever since Spike TV.

Anonymous said...

.... I love that movie.... Edward G. Robinson got just what he deserved.....

Eric