Sep 6, 2008

Better Than Blogging



I have 100 things to say/write/rant about the election,life, work, but y'know what?

This is where I'm gonna be on Saturday mornings for starters:




It's been about 30 years since I first picked up a guitar, showed up at a jam and struggled to keep up with the old-timers. 27 years of music with a 4 year hiatus and I'm thinking it's now time to get back to the music. I miss my art, my sculpting, solitary pursuits, for sure. But as I try to reconnect with people, there's truly nothing like music to ease back into life and friendships.

This is a long-standing group, within the Gamble Rogers legend, and well-adjusted to newbies. Next Saturday morning it'll be time to pack up the guitar and get busy with the music.

Laters. Much later...

13 comments:

PeggyU said...

Ah ... There you are!!!

Jim - PRS said...

Damn, I'd love to go there.

QP said...

Damn glad you didn't vacate for good and damn happy you're gettin' busy with what makes YOU happy!

Robin Starfish said...

What could be better than guitars, mandos, banjos, dobro/national steel, and a spot for you right in the middle? Sweet.

julie said...

Heh - good timing, Joan. Guess what I bought yesterday; it should be here Monday or Tuesday, along with a handy-dandy instructional book. Yep, my first guitar.

I'm glad you're out there, doing something fun!

Teresa said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I wish I could go listen... I am music impaired so I can't play, but I love to listen. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Joan, I'm returning cold, been gone for more than a year,

AWESOME statuary on the left sidebar!

Reminds me of my time near savannah or my brief visit to Nawleans.

Anonymous said...

BTW anonymous is Wickedpinto, I don't know what happened to my passwords.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hey, WP! I need to put ya on the sidebar. You've been missed, and your newest post is spot-on.

I don't think I'm coming back just yet... just coming into big life changes and don't need anything that distresses me. As you know, blogging can do. Heh.

Welcome back.

Kim said...

Joanie, I thought you'd just taken off. I understand doing that, but am glad you're hanging. And do that stuff you NEED to do. It sounds tremendous.

joated said...

Sounds like you've got a plan...

Good to see you're okay. As I said at my place...I missed you and thought you might have pulled up stakes for good.

Enjoy your music. THat's one skill where I'm limited to a listener. Some how my kids got the ability. I can truely say they didn't inherit it from me...or their mother.

Gecko said...

Whew!

LeeAnn said...

I missed you I missed you!!

Did you bring me anything?