Sep 7, 2008

I Must Say--

--you're all taking this remarkably well. The Large Hadron Collider is supposed to open a deadly wormhole and swallow up Time itself on Wednesday, and the most discussion ya'll can muster is a feeble observation about Humpday! (I agree, it's a sucky day, but it'll be like, Thursday in Australia, and Thursday is the day we all Get Stuff Done.)

Have none of you ever considered existential questions like, "If the world ends while I'm asleep, how will I know?" This bothers me no end. I hate being the Last To Know and am somewhat of a news junkie. Does this idea of missing out bother Real Reporters when contemplating the End of the World As We Know It? Well it bothers me.

Happily for others, I guess there's nothing like going out at the ziggurat of one's existence.

.
.
.

Oh, hey! "Hole In The Wall" is on...

.

15 comments:

dogette said...

"A handful of scientists" is only worth a handful of panic, I reckon. I don't worry so much about the world ending while I'm asleep. I worry more I have a Doppelgänger out there somewhere who plans to vote for Obama. We'll cancel each other out. Hell.

Glad you're posting, even if it's just occasional. Don't sweat it.

joated said...

"Oh, hey! 'Hole In The Wall' is on..."

Saw the ads for that while watching football today and my thought was that American TV has outsourced its program choices to Japan. This is one of the most rediculous programs I have ever seen. Which probably means it will be a hit.
*sigh*

PeggyU said...

First of all, "Thanks for all the fish?" You are not a dolphin ... therefore you won't leave ...I hope!

Secondly: We're supposed to get stuff done on Thursdays? Since when?

Finally: I'm guessing whatever they create, it will only be big enough to swallow one or two scientists. If I'm wrong, I'll see you on the other end of the wormhole. Don't forget to bring a towel!

Jim - PRS said...

I would prefer that the world end on a Monday. Definitely not on a Friday.

GUYK said...

well, the way I read this end of the earth thing is that it will take a while and we'll know it is starting to happen when the light come out over there in Jakata or somewhere..that gives us plenty of time to get to the moon and watch it happen..

Robin Starfish said...

We may have a small reprieve, as they throw the power switch this Wednesday, but won't fire the first black hole gun for about a month.

Damn, one more mortgage payment.

LauraB said...

Hey, I'll have my towel and down a few pints just in case.

Puts a whole new look on the bug out bag, doesn't it? LOL

Velociman said...

Read Elisson's last post. The black hole is already opening, and defying gravity.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Ewwwww!!!!

LauraB said...

Jesu...leave it to Vman to go there. Where, I suspect, no man has gone before.

PeggyU said...

Oh, God ... What did he do now?

Irrelephant said...

The world is gonna end on my birthday? Gahd DAMN that sucks.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

What if it's a molehole instead of a wormhole?

Or, in the language of Skully, a moho. That's purty deep!

Anonymous said...

Here's a way to keep up-to-date on that particular issue...

http://www.hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com/

You're welcome.
- zonker

Joan of Argghh! said...

Z, that is so astute and succinct! I lurves it!