Oct 16, 2008

Seamus and the City


You know, even a small fry like Seamus might enjoy a stroll down the streets of Brooklyn, accompanying his mistress to work and back:


Via, Book of Joe, Micahal Shabtiali's project for mobilizing house-bound fishies is certainly a clever way to tote your tetras or carry your carp. And it can stand easily on your desktop. Don't worry, the fish doesn't know from off-level:



I think it's a perfectly wonderful idea and I hope Michal finds someone to manufacture these. I want to buy one for Seamus! He's a regular sort of fish, made extraordinary because Erica loves him so much. And when someone that great is your friend, you're one lucky goldfish.


5 comments:

Erica said...

This is the comment I WOULD have left earlier if our work server didn't go tits up...so glad I had the foresight to print it out and bring it home with me (except now I have to re-type it, which you already know...dooshbag server):

Owhhhhhh miyyyyy Gawwwwwwwd, i'm kvelling here, bubele! You say da sweetest tings!

You should know, though, Seamus would totally shit a shoelace if I put him in a contraption like that. Aside from valuing his privacy, he's really just a chillaxin' mellow yellow (oranj, akshully) sorta bloke.

It is a mahvelous invention, for sure looks to be German engineered, but maybe for a slightly more exhibitionist, feisty little fishie, who enjoys being bounced around. Famous Seamus would totally have my head on a pike.

Wish you could meet him one of these days. He's so cute, and he's grown!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Hmpff! How do you know he wouldn't like it? You like roller-coasters, don't you?

:o)

Erica said...

Believe me, you don't know Seamus...he's a lazy ass Margaritaville type. Now if that same company could make lounge chairs and patio umbrellas for my little guy, we'd be in business.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Owners have been known to project onto their pets, you know.

I think your sideways-elevator phobia is in play here.

:D

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Is that a seeing-eye fish?