Nov 8, 2008

An Alarm Clock for the Bitter Clingers


First of all, I think this is genius. Sheer genius. The only way it could possibly be better is if you could program it with the most obnoxious voice in your life, be it boss, in-law, outlaw, politician, whomever:



You have to wake up enough to (put on your glasses, first), find the remote, and then aim it rather well to get the damn thing to stop.

I really do mourn the fact that it is not programmable. Damn! What could be more satisfying than starting your day with a nice, well-aimed, STFU? I can understand the safety reasons for not shaping it like a gun. That would be fun, but ultimately dangerous. Especially in the hands of Liberty Girl, whose rant today is as delicious as it gets.

Besides, as many times as the J.R. has pointed theTV remote at me and clicked it, hoping for a change of channel...

Funny, though, I play that STFU game with the television remote all the time. If I had that alarm clock I'd program it to tap into the morning newscast, because I'm sure the Obama Overexposure will be almost as painful as the Rachel Ray apocrypha of Food Network shows.

h/t to The Presurfer

6 comments:

pamibe said...

I love it more than my favorite nail polish...! Or fresh donuts.

Ex-Dissident said...

Thanks for the referral.
Great site.
I am just starting to find my voice.

mushroom said...

Besides, as many times as the J.R. has pointed theTV remote at me and clicked it, hoping for a change of channel...

That. Is funny.

I would settle for a mute button on my wife -- teeny little thing that she is, she's like the Bose Wave Radio -- she gives room filling sound from a small package.

As someone once observed, it's always the little old men who are deaf.

dogette said...

We don't even need an alarm clock anymore. You-know-who barks at something or someone every morning just as it's getting light. Sometimes it's a wabbit. Sometimes it's a squirrel. Sometimes it's a neighbor out skulking around in the hedges DRESSED as a squirrel.

fRED said...

If you want an obnoxious alarm clock sure to get you up, check out this one at Hammacher Schlemmer ... The Temper Tantrum Throwing Alarm Clock!

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/75884.asp

Irrelephant said...

I have never understood (and I'm not bragging) people who had to fight to wake up to the alarm. Mine goes off, I'm up and moving. Slowly, granted, and with a lot of creaks and pops and quiet snarls, but I've never been a snooze-alarm, sleep-thru-the-buzzing type. Odd, that.