Nov 2, 2008

Pens and Swords and the Cost of Ink

Just got back from Wally World where you can buy important essentials like Bubba Burgers and ammunition. The clerk tried to interest me in a shotgun while I was there. I declined, but must say I did like the sound. And he liked making it. It made some shoppers nervous, but it made me grin.

Anyhoo, 100 rounds of .38 and 50 rounds of .357 set me back about $60.

Ink jets for my HP printer set me back about $60, too.

I dunno. It made me think of the pen being mightier than the sword, but led me to ponder the efficacy of both in the coming Obamalypse. I'm leaning to the .357 over the HP57.

Hell, I'm just eager to show that I'm ready to be a marching member of the Civilian National Security Force. Sign me up, I need a job with benefits.


6 comments:

pamibe said...

Huh. I didn't know they have such good prices on ammo!

When you join the Sturmabteilung will you swing your influence my way? No torture, please. Thnx! ;)

dogette said...

"the coming Obamalypse"
I'm SO stealing that.

Joan of Argghh! said...

That's cool, Dogette. I've so stolen your "toilet handle jiggle" line you can't imagine.

Liberty Girl said...

Hm...spend $300 on a much-wanted shotgun, or that much on backup ammo.

It's a quandary.

GUYK said...

I spend that or more on ammo everytime I visit that China outlet..and I go just about every week..I want to be a GOOD Boy Scout and Be Prepared

Irrelephant said...

A .357, eh? Niiiice! I'll stick with my Vietman-era M1911 A1, tho. *wink*