Nov 5, 2008

Post-Election Fantasy and Other Merriment

Oh, come on now. I'm allowed a bit of melancholy and bitterness after several decades of being called selfish, racist, stupid, cyprto-nazi, and having having my religious choice vilified and mocked in every conceivable way by the Left. Nah. It never hurt my feelings, and I never wanted revenge on the Left for taking my money and spreading it around to moralizing busybodies and their clients.

But I'm over it. I'll be up for misbehavin' after a short fall-back and retrenchment; a respite from the fray.

So. As an antidote to the useless balm I touted yesterday [memo to Sean Malstrom: keep your day job.] I offer up an atoning bit of mental political fantasy from elsewhere:

If you think people “need” to be punished, in whatever way, because they have too much or make too much, you have to leave this country. This country is supposed to stand for certain things, and if it stands for certain things then it can’t show hospitality to people who are passionately opposed to those things. You can’t own slaves here, and you can’t work toward overthrowing capitalism here.

The House of Eratosthenes, is a nice little political bistro and I thank the SeaBlogger for pointing us to him. I don't know who he is, but his writing is top notch and quite satisfying on a morning like today. "When I Start Running This Place" is priceless. It should be considered a "base" to the toxic acidity of bitter acrimony, race-baiting and institutionalized theft we are about to be subjected to.

Oh? You thought that having a half-black President would cure all our ills and guarantee better treatment from our *ahem* moral betters? As I commented elsewhere, the gorge of racism is never satisfied. Ever. If it's not an item of reality, it has to be invented, else from where would lesser men anchor their power? In a better idea?

Pouty people whose ideas don't work--if they worked, the world would flock to them--must invent a ruse, a power base for their insatiable need to "show us" what we're missing.

Well, I can't wait to see what we've been missing.

Go for it, Democrats, race-baiters, union thugs, teachers' unions, and government charities. Oh, and the whole World.

Let's see what you got, that's better than what we had.

******

Meanwhile, go visit the link and be refreshed. Number 39 is especially delicious and funny. Come back and tell me your favorite item from the list.

4 comments:

hoosierboy said...

35

Joan of Argghh! said...

It is a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Irrelephant said...

Oh I love 18, having just survived the damned wreck (tho he ran a stop sign, not failed to signal) and 25 with a couple of stars before and after--rail thin women are icky.

PeggyU said...

41&42, I think.

Although the one about dog poo I approve of as well. I just have a really hard time with people who seem to think it's ok to let their dogs run free and crap where someone else will have to clean it up.