Nov 18, 2008

Who said it, Nuge or Newt?

It's a toughie. I'll let you decide:

“I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion.”

I'm just amazed at finding the phrase, "Homosexual-Mormon War battles" being used in the year 2008. Is this really the moral equivalency the Left wants to champion? Really?

h/t Don Surber

7 comments:

julie said...

Without peeking, I'd have to guess Nuge.

I swear, some days it really does seem like we're gliding blithely into a new dark age.

julie said...

Doh!
wv says barfp. Yes, I think that sums up the current state of things quite nicely.

mushroom said...

Well, what do you know. I didn't think he had it in him.

The (R)elites -- R-elites/D-elites, I like it, even if I did make it up myself.

Anyway, the elites of the Republican party are saying that the culture war is now over. OK. Maybe it's over for them because they have surrendered, as they wanted to all along.

McCain, Graham, Noonan, Parker and the rest will now get invited to all the cocktail parties with Gurgling Gergen and his ilk.

Looks like I need to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales again.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Comment deleted because it was fun!

folly said...

That's Newt, I bet. The Nuge might say that, but there'd be more "Dude"s and "Man"s in it. Not that it would diminish the message any.

Ok, went and watched it. Man, I hope no one protests at me like that. I stay pretty well armed most of the time, and I don't discriminate. :)

Of course, if I was caught in a protest like that, I'd rather be with the Nuge than the Newt.

Mrs. Who said...

What does it say for 'righties' that it could be Newt or Nuge?? I think it rocks.

All the same, I'm with Folly. Ted is the man to be with in a serious situation.

Velociman said...

Trick question. It was Ahmadinejad, right?