Jan 6, 2009

Job Interview Round 1

The long-awaited job interview process has started and I passed round one with the Database manager with whom I'll be working closely. He remembered me from before and was very happy to give me full marks for a passing grade. Woot!

The new process is supposed to go online Feb 1, so hopefully, I'll be vetted and approved sometime in the next two weeks. That's the good news. The dubious part is that the job has already branched into Executive support as well, and that's where the trouble was last time I worked there. Folks started fighting over their "control"of me. You know what they say, "when elephants fight, the grass gets trampled." It got so uncomfortable I jumped ship. But they really are a great company full of smart people, good people. Why they want me is the mystery!

Please cross fingers, offer prayers, align your Chi, shui your fung, or whatever, peeps. I need a job and that right away! I promise I'll keep this one. Heh.

11 comments:

QP said...

I'll offer up this one: If not this one, then the perfect one soon...pinky swear.

wv: remedam straight

julie said...

Yep, I'll be praying, too, Joan.

Teresa said...

You got it! All appendages are crossed... now hurry up and get the job - it's hard to type this way... ;-)

Jean said...

Piece 'o cake, Joan. No worries.
My crystal ball never lies.

:-D

folly said...

Good luck to you, Joan. I hope everything works out just like you want it to.

I am (in essence) a support person as well, and I understand being pulled in multiple directions by people in much higher pay grades than me.

Again, good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

GUYK said...

Good Luck Joan.

mushroom said...

All right, I'll talk to the Boss.

What kind of database? Are you going to be doing development?

wv: beaste -- how did it know it was me?

USMC 9971 said...

Best of luck on this, Joan. You'll be in our prayers.

WV: rabyze
Example: The dog that was foaming at the mouth had rabyze.

LauraB said...

Best thoughts and hopes and wishes!! I know what you mean about being trampled. It isn't bad now - I could not ask for better guys - but in the past I've had guys leave me in a huff because they couldn't be #1. ALL THE TIME.

Pfft. I am happier without them. But when I had to, I'd force THEM to duke it out and tell me which one won the battle. Stopped some of the silly stuff but not all...

WV: ridein - as in my ass better ridein to the kitchen and make dinner before he wakes up.

joated said...

Good luck on the job hunt, Joan.

PeggyU said...

If you interview as well as you write ... then I think it's a slam dunk!