Feb 28, 2009

Changing What I Can

And trying to accept what I can't change. Like the header border. Blogger is so stilted.

The new header pic is one I snapped while driving my car along the river's edge on the way to work; back when I lived in a satellite bedroom community of The Big City. Since I now have moved back to the Big City (it's a relative term), it seemed time to change up the place a bit.

Anyhoo, it's a picture that perfectly captures the serenity of life near ancient waters, even if they do flow North. I may keep it for a while. The other, with its directional marker, doesn't fit my psyche right now. I've no where to go, no money to get there. Might as well watch the moss float in the soft breezes of an October morning.

8 comments:

PeggyU said...

That's beautiful. I like the Spanish moss. Here we just have ... regular moss.

walt said...

Important that the imagery suits your mood. Very nice effect!

Robin Starfish said...

Love it - tone, calm seas, everything; wv deems it deursis.

hoosierboy said...

beautiful picture. I wish I was there.

julie said...

Gorgeous; I guess there are worse places to be becalmed.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Brilliant! You have a good aye, Joan! :^)

Jean said...

I love the gold-colored air at those times of day. A gentle, warm blanket.

May today be comfortable and peaceful for you, Joan.

Liberty Girl said...

The offer to come live on a Wordpress-houseboat still stands. Billions of free templates, that you can edit any way you want, etc. etc.