Feb 17, 2009

Domestic Abuse and Other Thoughts

  • You know, housekeeping, if done properly, can kill you.
  • I'm wondering, in light of evolutionary adaptation, which came first: the chin or the pillowcase?
  • Having a laundry nook in a corner of the kitchen makes for interesting conversation as the neighbor notices all sorts of just-washed delicate items draped around the kitchen cabinet handles.
  • I can stay at home and not need to do much of anything to keep the house running smoothly, but just add one sick/injured man and suddenly there is an exponential amount of things to.
  • Daytime television: if it's not the history channel showing weapon pr0n, fuggedaboudit.
  • I've been able to confirm that the Pepper Dog is the most laid-back creature I've ever known. A chill beast.
  • Who knew that the dryer makes an awful buzz alret when it's done? I don't think I've ever been around to hear it.
  • 30 years of organized office work is starting to pay off in the domicile, but really, how many spreadsheets does one need to know what's in the garage?

12 comments:

julie said...

On point one, that's why I rarely do it properly.

On point four, funny how that works, isn't it?

And on the final point, I find it's much better if all that stuff in the garage retains an air of mystery. Then, when you feel like cleaning it out, it's like going on an archaeological excavation ;)

Teresa said...

I dislike housework enough to never kill myself with it.

All you need is one other person in the house (whether sick/injured/well) in order for everything to get messed up.

Sending out pets to Pepper Dog. I love chill dogs. :-)

pamibe said...

Pepper and Bree should never meet. The insane energy would kill Pepper.

I'm cleaning today and it *is* killing me. Point taken.

Hope your man is mending quickly from whatever beset him.

I'll miss the History channel, but I'm giving cable the boot.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. Pepper is chill around people. It's other animals she can't abide.

The J.R. came home limping yesterday. We just got back from the doctor's office, where the doctor pod-person noted some sort of cellulitis infection in his foot with concerns that it was progressing up his leg. But no open wound to account for it. Eeeep!

joated said...

"30 years of organized office work is starting to pay off in the domicile, but really, how many spreadsheets does one need to know what's in the garage?"

HA!

Come on north to the Aerie. I've go an attic, basement AND a garage that could use organizing. And when we're done with that we can go further north to the Bolt Hole and ITS garage--and the cabin storeroom--and two sheds and the barn....

See that's why I end up with three of every tool imaginable (at least if their small hand tools). I can never find it until I buy a new one.

Joan of Argghh! said...

I'll be right there, Joated, as soon as the temp is higher than Arctic.

Irrelephant said...

Better yet, make a parallel move over this-a-way here. Same great temps, same excellent humidity, and we've got NOLA and Mardi Gras in just a few days. Heck, I'll even let you Borzoi Fish. *g*

PeggyU said...

My attitude toward housework. A) It's not going to go away, so you can take your time getting it done. B) If it does somehow simply go away, problem solved.

Jim Ryan said...

Best crappy TV? Iron Chef. One hour to make better Chinese food than the Iron Chef? That's pressure.

C.S. Perry said...

Move back home and let somebody else worry about.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

"You know, housekeeping, if done properly, can kill you."

I been tellin' that to my wife for years, but you said it better, Joan, LOL!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

I hope JR gets well soon.