Apr 7, 2009

. . .And If The Truth Were an Impossibility?

Vanderleun:

Not for a moment do I think that what I see in this image is that. I believe... no... I know for a fact that what I am seeing is merely gas and stars in a seemingly random arrangement shining in a narrow, very narrow, part of the spectrum so that, to my deeper mind and imagination, I pull together some vague shapes in the play of color on the void and relate it to what I have seen elsewhere, felt elsewhen -- and out of that produce a feeling, thought, in my mind that makes my eyes see what appears to be an impossible hand reaching across space long ago in exactly nowhere. It's a cosmic Rorschach image, a glowing gasblot somewhere in limitless space. That it is a 'hand' is impossible. It is even more impossible that it is even an image of a hand.


It's as fine a meditation for Holy Week as you are likely to read.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

It is indeed, Joan. Thank you for that.

QP said...

I'm almost speechless. Just minutes after putting up my humble Tuesday post I have this marvelous encounter with truth written by a real seer/writer. Thanks Joan.