Apr 15, 2009

Haiku the Blue Sea

Sparrow's hosting this week's Haiku contest, and as ever, the winner gets a lovely care package sent off to some lucky soldier. Go vote for your favorite! [link updated.]

Here's mine:

a borderless blue
siren songs of willing wind
crisp canvas, long keel

******

Internet problems have been pretty frustrating these last 10 days so if it seems like I'm phoning it in, I practically am. The local cigar bar provides free wi-fi, which means I'm achieving bar-fly status as I blog from the comfy club chairs.

Oh, did I mention that I drank my first beer back in March?

.

8 comments:

Robin Starfish said...

You're way ahead in the polls with one vote in. ;-)

p.s. You need to update the link to the voting page...

Good luck!

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. Now we are two...

I could have used one of your brilliant pics to seal the deal, ya know!

The Maximum Leader said...

I like. Very zen.

First beer in March? First beer of the year or first beer of your life? Either way...

hoosierboy said...

Me too -- I had my first beer in March. March of 1967. Grandpa would let us have the first drink if we fetched him a beer.

LauraB said...

1st beer? I hope you made it a good one...

Joan of Argghh! said...

It was a Yeungling. Yummy! I've tasted beer before, but have just never wanted to drink one that wasn't in a lemon shandy.

Jean said...

You won, girlie. Congratulations!
Now, go have another beer :-)

LauraB said...

Oh! That was the beer Trooper's best pal was recommending so highly. I need to find some - a trip to town will be required.

Congrats on the win - salud!